Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 SCENT CONTROL QUESTION >

SCENT CONTROL QUESTION

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

SCENT CONTROL QUESTION

Old 10-17-2004, 07:37 PM

Default SCENT CONTROL QUESTION

Guys

I am a scent control freak..... I had a brain storm......

I read on the bottle, and website of the "Scent Killer" spray that it works dry.... SO

Why not saturate a garment to wear say over your long johns or pants and over your shirt.... to 'kill' odors.... like making your own scent suit. The manufacturer says the spray is good for weeks when dry so it should work fine... ?? ??

Sounds good huh ?? But would it be worth the effort I wonder....... I wear a scent suit, and do everything you can imagine to eliminate scent.....

So I believe it all helps, but I still hunt with the wind but I worry because I hunt in a very hilly area with a LOT of swirling winds - thats why I try everything [&:]
Old 10-18-2004, 06:35 PM

Default RE: SCENT CONTROL QUESTION

COME ON GUYS ??? I cant believe this didnt get any replies ! At least tell me how dumb of an idea it is !!!

LOL !!
Old 10-18-2004, 06:50 PM
Fork Horn

I spray my under garments as well as my camo. I don't have the scent blocker clothing. I do believe in trying to rid yourself of as much scent as possible. I spray my cloths before storing them until the next hunt.
Old 10-18-2004, 07:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've found that washing my clothes with baking soda leaves a baking soda residue embedded in the fabric that keeps it scent free for a period.

I'm not sure about the ingredients that you're using but I'd wager that the only thing left behind after you saturate and dry the clothing would be the baking soda, maybe with a touch of soap. The peroxide and water and whatever else is in there should evaporate.
Old 10-18-2004, 07:48 PM

Im not sure what the active ingrediants are..... its made by Wildlife Research... its "Scent Killer" - you can buy it everywhere........
Old 10-18-2004, 09:42 PM
Fork Horn

I would have to concur. I know that the makers of this product advocate using it this way. I have tried it and it appears to work just like they say. Let us know how it works for you.