Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 the rut is on: mom almost scored..with the Tahoe >

the rut is on: mom almost scored..with the Tahoe

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

the rut is on: mom almost scored..with the Tahoe

Old 10-16-2004, 08:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: the rut is on: mom almost scored..with the Tahoe

The does may determine when the rut starts but make no mistake the Bucks Testosterone levels are rising. I have hunted all over wisconsin for many years and from my experience things don't get going good till second week of nov. It does seem however that not all areas are on the same time frame in a given year. It can be slow as all heck in the north and the south part of the state can be going great.............dabow
Old 10-16-2004, 09:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

I scheduled my vacation from Oct 27th through Nov 14th to coincide with the pre-rut staqe. All the sign that I normally see in late October started showing up 3-4 weeks early this year. As Rob says, the does will control when breeding actually takes place, but the bucks seem to be jumping the gun a little early this year. I've seem more bucks this year than usual, but, so far they've all been little dinks. I've already passed on a lot of six points that have wandered past my stand.
Old 10-16-2004, 09:24 AM
Fork Horn

It must be a Wisconsin thing. Probabaly because of the odd weather we are having.
I do agree that the does are not in estrus yet but the past few days I have seen alot more deer activity and unusual buck behavior but it could just be the rain, snow, cold front thats moving through this weekend.
I went hunting in snow flurries this morning!!! how cool is that?
Old 10-16-2004, 09:49 AM

Saw a 150" buck in a field with 8 does and later that night a 8 pointer in one of my fields, necks swollen already!
Old 10-16-2004, 10:24 AM
Boone & Crockett

Now your just getting me excited....I think my neck is starting to swell....lol. I'm not seeing the same thing in PA but I'm still hoping my scheduled time off is perfect.....it's getting exciting that is for sure. Good luck to you WI'ites, WI'ee's or WI'ors.....