HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Mock Scrapes (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/75986-mock-scrapes.html)

SEK_trophyhunter 10-15-2004 10:26 AM

Mock Scrapes

What is the best time of the season to make my own scrape? Have you tried it? Did it pay off or work at all? I would appreciate some advice from anyone out there. this is my first time to log on here and this forum seams pretty informational. thanks everyone.

MO_Bowhnter 10-15-2004 10:37 AM

RE: Mock Scrapes

Based on a moor,deer,and rut movement chart I printed off here, false rut starts on 10/20 which is the next first quarter moon. Open up your mock scrapes around then and you should be good to go.

TURKEY FAN 10-15-2004 10:40 AM

I have already started, and i will be trying rattling this sunday, wish me luck

DaveH 10-15-2004 10:47 AM

You should be able to start right now if what I'm seeing here is any indication. I have seen scrapes under every overhanging branch in the fields behind my house. These are usually the predecessors to the bigger scrapes in the woods which are soon to follow.

adams 10-15-2004 10:52 AM

If you use a scent like BF pre/post rut you can start them anytime of year. deer utilize scrapes year round like sign post. As the rut starts the scrapes get bigger and used more frequently but if started early the deer will know where they are and will check them frequently.

The most important part of making a mock scrape is to be scent free. If you leave a bunch of human scent at the scrape the gig will be up before it gets started.

Good luck.

TheYoungOne 10-15-2004 11:14 AM

Me and my cousin have been making mock scrapes for a little while now..

btomlin 10-15-2004 11:17 AM

Now is the time...actually the time is year round.

I use the hawgs limited stuff and love it for mock scrapes.

I had a 135" 3yr 8pt in one of my mocks last night. I got about 3 mins of video of him tearin it up from just over 12 yrds away. It was awesome. He needs another year and about 20" more to be a contender.

Maybe next year.

shed33 10-15-2004 01:43 PM

I see I am 1 of 3 guys that have posted that use HAWGSLIMITED BUCKFEVER synthetic scents and products. Kevin's products work great and you can start your scrapes anytime of the year. I suggest you go to his site and read through all of his information on how to and when!

Best of luck, My brother and I have harvested several mature bucks 3.5 years and older using Hawgs. www.hawgslimited.com will help out. I have seen many posts by others on here that have great success with James Valley Ranch products too.

Good luck,
Troy