Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
chemical suits??? >

chemical suits???

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

chemical suits???

Old 03-04-2002, 09:47 AM

Default chemical suits???

I have been looking at these from military surplus suppliers becasue they claim to keep you scent free and they are much less expensive than the scentlok suits. Anybody else use these or look into them? Please help as I don't want to waste my money if they are not worth it. Also, do the regular army camo patterns work for deer hunting?
Old 03-04-2002, 10:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: chemical suits???

Don't waste your money. They are extremely hot and black dust get all over you from the carbon. I had one and gave it away and the person I gave it to threw it away to give you an idea of what they are worth.
Old 03-04-2002, 10:50 AM
Spike

Don't waste your money. I purchased one and used it about 10 times. I had the same problems mentioned by HuntingBry. Its one of those deals you get what you pay for. I've got featherlite plus scentblocker now and could'nt be happier.
Old 03-04-2002, 01:50 PM
Fork Horn

Hey stretch...
It took you 10 times to figure out that you were getting black carbon all over you from the suit. NICE!.
P.S. I may have found someone to fix your blind, unless you are sending it back.
B.
Old 03-04-2002, 05:16 PM

There are several diffrent kinds of suits. The USA Military suit does get charcoal on you but when Im out deer hunting I dont realy car if I get dirty. There is also a british chemical suit that has a pretty devent camo pattern and the charcoal doesnt come off. The military suits are as well costructed if not better than any of the expensive suits. As far as do they work, charcoal is charcoal how could the expensive ones ibsorb your scent any better than a cheap one. You can buy one of the military ones for 20.00 for that price its worth a try. I like mine very much.
Old 03-04-2002, 08:54 PM
Typical Buck

I have 2 suits and find that they work well. The black carbon liner would leave a little residue at first but then stopped.
Old 03-04-2002, 11:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

TO THOSE OF YOU THAT SAY THEY ARE A WASTE OF MONEY YOU ARE WRONG!!!! I HAVE A SUIT THAT WAS ISSUED TO ME AND I HAVE ONE THAT I SUIT WHEN I AM HUNTING SOMETIMES. YOUR FIRST PROBLEM IS THAT WHEN YOU WENT AND BOUGHT THE SUIT DID YOU WASH IT IN THE WASHING MACHINE A COUPLE OF TIMES TO BREAK UP THE CHARCOAL??? IF YOU DIDN'T THAT IS WHY YOU GOT COVERED IN BLACK CHARCOAL DUST! THAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU DO WHEN YOU OPEN THE BAG UP! THE SECOND YES THEY DO GET HOT, BUT THAT IS JUST SOMETHING YOU'LL HAVE TO LIVE WITH, THE PRICE OF A CHEM SIUT COMPARED TO THE PRICE OF A SCENTLOCK SUIT IS LIKE NIGHT AND DAY. SAVE YOUR MONEY AND BUY A CHEM SUIT FROM THE ARMY SURPLUS STORE AND THEN WASH IT IN THE WASHING MACHINE A COUPLE OF TIMES AND DON'T USE ANY DETERGENT JUST USE WATER AND THEN LET IT DRY OUT ANF THEN REPEAT AS MANY TIMES AS YOU FEEL NESSECARY. THE ONE THAT I HAD ISSUED TO ME I GOT 4 YEARS AGO, I WASHED ONE TIME AND HAVE HAD NO PROBLEMS WITH GETTING COVERED BY CHARCOAL DUST! AS A MATTER OF FACT I JUST GOT DONE WEARING IT FOR TRAINING AND I AM NOT DIRTY!!! BEST OF LUCK

Edited by - robb92 on 03/05/2002 00:12:35

Edited by - robb92 on 03/05/2002 00:14:47
Old 03-05-2002, 12:30 AM
Fork Horn

Maybe it is because I am in Mn. but I think they are kinda cooler than my other camo suits. I even wear them in Aug. during bear season. I have the British and the U.S. I prefer the british due to the pattern, colors, and design.
What's a little charcoal dust anyway. For gods sake we carry around bottles of piss, and some complain because of dust?

I don't know about you all but, I like em.
It's all part of the game. every edge counts and if I can afford other gear that helps with making hunting more fun. I will gladly suffer with a little black dust that washes off very simply.

And like robb says wash 'em once in a while and the little dust that is there will disappear.
Old 03-05-2002, 03:46 AM
Banned

I wasted my money and bought one from sportsmansguide. Thing smelled like vinager.

Peak
Live and Learn
Old 03-05-2002, 03:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

My advice is to put the $20 or $30 that you would spend on it into your piggy bank till you can buy scentlok or scentblocker. Its heavy, bulky, stiff and hot. It will contain your scent but it's NOT comfortable.

Quick Reply: chemical suits???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.