HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Illinois Signs Yet?? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/75624-illinois-signs-yet.html)

HAZCON7 10-12-2004 11:07 AM

Illinois Signs Yet??

Is anyone in Illinois seeing any rubs or scrapes yet? I haven't run across anything yet.

hunter25 10-12-2004 11:30 AM

RE: Illinois Signs Yet??

Saw some rubs on my way to the stand on Friday evening...that's been it. The anticipation is killing me though. Within two weeks, the big boys will be getting into position...to get into position for breeding. The pre-rut (yeah obvious I know) is my favorite time to hunt...see more deer than during the rut.

What part of IL are you from, HAZCON7?

titleist_03 10-12-2004 11:36 AM

I've hunted a farm both weekends since the season opened and both times I've had rubs near where I've sat. The other farm I've hunted so far I've seen nothing. I don't actively go around looking for rubs and scrapes this time of year. If I see any it's becuase they're near my stand. Also, I've had a camera set up near a mock scrape I made two weeks ago and no pics of bucks yet. I do have a pic of a doe smelling it. The big boys should start moving more and more in the next couple weeks.

HAZCON7 10-12-2004 12:05 PM

I'm in Champaign county. I hunt Champaign, Douglas, and Piatt counties.

I don't normally walk around looking for sign either but I usually see it when I'm going to/from stand. Seems like I've usually seen more by now, but then I sort of remember hearing the same thing the last few years around this time so things are probably right where they should be LOL.

Couple more weeks and they'll be love struck!

bwhunter501 10-12-2004 02:43 PM

havent seen any scrapes but there is some rubs here and there. but man the turkeys are EVERYWHERE!!:D

JPruiett 10-12-2004 03:06 PM

Hey Hazcon, good to see somebody from my area. I'm from Penfield, Il, which is in the top eastern corner of Champaign county. I hunt in Vermillion, Champaign, and Ford counties. I have seen several rubs, I could hear a buck making rubs in some brush a little while back, but haven't seen any big ones from my stand. The rut is supposed to be early this year, so sign should start popping up again once it frosts again. Good luck out there!

IL_BOW_MAN 10-12-2004 03:09 PM

I got both. THere is one spot that gets a scrape every year, and it ends up being about 4' in diameter. That one was started when we got there opening day

akaSharkey 10-12-2004 03:19 PM

ORIGINAL: bwhunter501

but man the turkeys are EVERYWHERE!!:D
You must of got busted too. Opening day I was caught. A flock of about 50 started putting and raising hell.[:@]

bwhunter501 10-12-2004 04:06 PM

quote:

ORIGINAL: bwhunter501

but man the turkeys are EVERYWHERE!!

You must of got busted too. Opening day I was caught. A flock of about 50 started putting and raising hell.
actually i did lol by 2 toms and 3 jakes. i pulled back my bow on a big tom and a little jake caught me and let out some kind of call and they took off[:@] o well thats how it goes.

samritar 10-12-2004 05:46 PM

I hunt in Calhoun county and the rubs are showing up in many of the normal areas I see them every year.