Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Illinois Signs Yet?? >

Illinois Signs Yet??

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Illinois Signs Yet??

Old 10-21-2004, 09:11 AM

Default RE: Illinois Signs Yet??

I hunt in Adams and Tazewell Counties. I have seen several rubs and scrapes in Adams county. I am yet to find any sign in Tazewell yet. The good thing is I found all the ladies. Sure cant wait for Mr. Big to start looking for them.
Old 10-21-2004, 03:12 PM
Typical Buck

Yes, I hunt kickapoo and middlefork. Killed a doe the 2nd day so far at kickapoo.
Old 10-21-2004, 08:10 PM

I hunt in Morgan County and i've seen a lot of rubs but no scrapes yet. In fact i was able to draw back on a 130 class 10 pointer rubbing a cedar but a small forkhorn in the brush behind spooked and they both took off!
Old 10-21-2004, 08:17 PM

[quote]ORIGINAL: bwhunter501
but man the turkeys are EVERYWHERE!!

I know what u mean! I got a shot at a huge tom but some jakes saw me and they took off to the field about 80 yards north of me and started putting.
Old 10-22-2004, 04:55 AM

For you guys who said you are not currently looking for active sign, I think your making a big mistake. In my opinion now is the time when you really need to be doing some scouting. The big boys will still not be putting lots of miles on there odometers for at least a couple of more weeks. Why not take the time and find the sign, and be hunting the best areas now!!! Once they start chasing a funnel area near sign is the ticket, but right now you need to be hunting the sign even if it's isolated from the majority of doe and young buck movement patterns. Just my .02! Good luck!
Old 10-25-2004, 10:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Whole lot of nothing going on in the woods around me this weekend. I only saw 3 on Sunday evening when I was walking out. I have yet to see a buck this season. These warm temps are really keeping them from moving. It needs to cool down and then things will pick up in a hurry. That first week of Nov. is looking promising.
Old 10-25-2004, 11:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well the action is certainly heating up in my area! Several GOOD bucks including a couple B&C class animals have been checked in locally and a few of my hunting buddies have already tagged P&Y class bucks. Just the other night I went and helped a buddy load up and photo this nice buck. This wide rack dude came chargin' in to the horns. He said as soon as he rattled this guy came charging down the ridge straight to his stand! Also, when we were leaving his property there were a few does accompanied by another P&Y class bucks in the hayfield. Things are starting to look good out there!