Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 First shot Question? >

First shot Question?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

First shot Question?

Old 10-11-2004, 12:55 PM

Default First shot Question?

When ever I practice, my first shot is always to the left about 6 inches. After that they start hitting in the bullseye. I'm affraid when I go hunting it will do the same thing and cause me to wound an animal. I've tried pulling the bow back three or four times to loosen the bow up or me. And it may help a little, but still not as good as after a couple of shots. What do I need to do?

Thanks
Chad

P.S. Season starts this Friday.
Old 10-11-2004, 12:58 PM

Default RE: First shot Question?

I don't know what to tell you other than maybe take a few practice shoots at a bale or something before you get into your stand/blind good luck.
Old 10-11-2004, 01:21 PM

Next time you shoot.........pay very close attention to your grip and your "release" ..........on your good shots !

You may be torquing your bow or punching your release on the first shot and getting it together as you go after that . If you pay close attention to what works good and try to apply that on the first shot of your next shooting session...........you may hit dead on or closer than before !

Good Luck !!
Old 10-11-2004, 02:08 PM
Fork Horn

Do you shoot carbon or aluminum shafts? When I shot aluminum, I had 1 shaft that was slightly bent, caused it to be off target by 6" - 8". You might want to number your arrows, see if it is the same one that is off target every time.

-Rick C.