HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   I Arrowed A MOOSE!!!!!! (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/75491-i-arrowed-moose.html)

Bird Hunt Dog 10-11-2004 10:34 AM

I Arrowed A MOOSE!!!!!!

Just got back from nothern Minnesota. I shot a small bull on day six of our hunt. That was the most fun and work I think I've ever had!:D

Does any one have any info on outfitters or what I will need to do to get a Canada Lic.
The tag I got here was once in a lifetime. After that hunt I defenatley need to do It again!
Thanks,

Rob/PA Bowyer 10-11-2004 10:38 AM

RE: I Arrowed A MOOSE!!!!!!

Well first you need to post us a picture so we can see that awesome beast. Congratulations, I know what you mean about work...when I shot my bull elk in the Big Horn mts of Wyoming, I was at 10,000' and the camp was 2.5 hours down the mountain....we were back and forth carry meat out on our backs.....the most fun and hardest work...and all worth it.:D

Bird Hunt Dog 10-11-2004 10:42 AM

I'll try to get a pic up when I get them back. I haven't had much luck getting them to upload though!

cardeer 10-11-2004 10:50 AM

Yippie chocolate moose tonight

nubo 10-11-2004 10:55 AM

Congrat's on the young bull bird dog ,as for work i know all too well what you mean my friend .I just got back myself but we weren't so lucky this season ,although we had our chances but we made some mistake's ,the weather also was hot and the bug's were bad .There's alway's next year ,I'll be looking for your pic's soon.

nubo

IL_BOW_MAN 10-11-2004 11:03 AM

Congrats on a bull and glad you had a great trip.

I was at 10,000' and the camp was 2.5 hours down the mountain
Rob, count your lucky stars camp was down the moutain. When we go elk hunting, camp is up and we get our meat out the same way!!

TheYoungOne 10-11-2004 11:08 AM

awesome job!!!

Stump_MN_Hunter 10-11-2004 11:29 AM

That's awesome!! First, congrats on even drawing a tag and secondly BIG TIME congrats on your animal!! With a bow even. Get those pics on here. Someone can help you out if you run into problems.

nub 10-11-2004 01:20 PM

Congrats on your moose. What a rush eh?

Does any one have any info on outfitters or what I will need to do to get a Canada Lic.
;) The outfitter I use in Ontario every year has tags. Reasonable price and no guide needed if you'd like to try it alone. Email or PM me if you'd like to talk. I'll be gone til Sat. tho.

nubo; my hunting partner missed one over 50" on our trip. Only chance we had and it was the only calm day. He hit a tree on a 15 yard shot. I think he was shaking just a bit too much.:D

NewbHunter 10-11-2004 04:25 PM

Congrats on your moose. Hope to see some pics soon.