Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 CAUTION Local dealer leases hunting property >

CAUTION Local dealer leases hunting property

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

CAUTION Local dealer leases hunting property

Old 10-07-2004, 10:03 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: CAUTION Local dealer leases hunting property

first off you shouldn't have told the shop owner everything about your hunting spot and showed him all you camtrakker pics. I know it seems wrong but what he did was legit he offered the farmer money and the farmer took it. look at this are you just gonna give something of yours away or would you rather sell it. so the next hot spot you find keep it to yourself,but you could go and talk to the shop owner and ask him if you could go partners on the lease if the spot is that good.
Old 10-07-2004, 10:58 AM

Some of you guys are full of it.

There sure isn't any "hunter's code" when it comes to leasing land and choosing hunting spots. Look, if the place was so freaking great, he should have paid the $$$$ to hunt it. The day of free rides is over folks. You either own it, or you pay for it. I have no problems with the way things are going with hunting. Most people bitch and wine about it b/c they lost their hunting spot that was free. Well, to hunt quality land down south, we have been paying for years. I've never hunted somewhere that we weren't paying to hunt. It's part of it. The more money you have, the bigger bucks you can hunt. Way of the world.

You can bet your ass if a good lease comes up around me and I don't personally know the hunters, I'm going for it. Call it selfish, call it what you will. I'm cut throat when it comes to hunting land.

Hey Silent, I got your back
Old 10-07-2004, 12:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

Most people bitch and wine about it b/c they lost their hunting spot that was free

yea and i bet you wont bitch when somebody comes in behind you and outbids you on the land your paying to hunt and you don't get a first right of refusal, don't get quite on me now. unless your bill gates or have money to burn it'll happen to you, like it did to us, 10 working guys paying 3500$ first three years, working up to 12k+ went from 350 a year to 1200 a year and a lot of us could not afford that, we go in and do all the work, plots, stands, and gates and some rich prick comes in and takes over, but your right your probably not the kind of guy that'll bitch about it, and i hope it dosen't happen to you but it probably will

he should have paid the $$$$ to hunt it.
was he given the chance?
Old 10-07-2004, 12:39 PM

I own my land now, b/c I have had it happen to me as well. I didn't bitch, just envied the guy that had the cash to buy 15,000 acres.

I went in with three others and bought 470 acres. It's a HUGE sacrifice financially for me, but something worth paying for.

was he given the chance?
It would have never come to that with me, I would have tried to lock the property up years ago if is was worth it.
Old 10-07-2004, 12:43 PM

That's BS! I'd share the story with as many of the JA customers as I could. Nothing like a bow shop with no bussiness!
Old 10-07-2004, 12:59 PM

I won't take the time to reply to everyone here but I will say this....

The shop owner isn't the one that leased the land directly. He was invited to hunt it by 2 other clients. It wasn't him, directly, that leased the land.

According to him...and he may have lied to me but it's not likely, he did see trail cam pics from AR8 but had no idea where the cam was located other than what conunty.

I've shown him plenty of pics from mine, and we're friends, and he's never once asked where my hunting spot is.

If there weren't 2 other guys that layed out big $ to hunt there and it was up to Jeff...I'm sure things would have worked out differently.

So , as you see, there is another side and we should be carefull to condemn without all the facts.
Old 10-07-2004, 01:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

OK I know everyone has the right too lease their property. Well we don't have the right to sell our deer meat do we. I kind of see that leasing land is kinda like selling deer meat. Farmers don't own the deer the state does. If the states are going to allow farmers to lease their land then they should pay a special tax on that money. Especially the ones that lease CRP. I know call me a jackazz but my opinion is my opinion and you have yers. I guess that someday we all will be paying to hunt but we don't have to like it. I hope when this dealer gets a deer that he comes and thanks ar for all the work he has done to make him such a good hunting spot. I hope you have other choices for yer archery needs cause he wouldn't get one red cent of my hard earned money ever again.
Old 10-07-2004, 01:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

So basically you guys are saying that a farmer or landowner shouldn't have the right to lease his own ground? Every piece of ground for the most part has someone hunting it. So anytime someone else leases that property then someone is losing a spot to hunt. It doesn't make any difference if the pro shop owner knew the guy was hunting it or not. The farmer may have told him that he was going to lease it to someone so he figured it might as well have been him. The guy may have known it was a good piece of property and didn't want to miss out on the oppurtunity. If he hadn't leased it, someone else would have and AR would have probably lost his right to hunt anyway. Either way it's no one here's business what a man does with proerty that he pays to lease. For you guys saying that he should let this guy hunt well in my opinion that's a crock of it. If I pay my hard earned money to lease some property then you can bet that I am going to be very selective about who hunts it. Because I paid for the right to do so. That attitude is what is wrong with America right now. Everyone thinks the other guy owes them something. Well guess what.................you're wrong. That guy did what he needed to do to secure himself a SAFE place to hunt. Everyone wants to bit*h about how dangerous it can be during hunting season and to be careful yadda yadda yadda but when a guy takes step to secure himself a safe place to hunt everyone is up in arms like he's a bad guy[:'(] Just because you do business with someone doesn't mean he owes anything except customer service. You guys need to get used to the notion that most things in life aren't free and if you want a decent place to hunt the you better get ready to break out your pocket book, like it or not. Just like this guy did. Now you guys are talking about trying to ruin his business for securing himself a spot to hunt. It's rediculous. You guys need to grow up!
Old 10-07-2004, 01:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

won't take the time to reply to everyone here but I will say this....

The shop owner isn't the one that leased the land directly. He was invited to hunt it by 2 other clients. It wasn't him, directly, that leased the land.

According to him...and he may have lied to me but it's not likely, he did see trail cam pics from AR8 but had no idea where the cam was located other than what conunty.

I've shown him plenty of pics from mine, and we're friends, and he's never once asked where my hunting spot is.

If there weren't 2 other guys that layed out big $ to hunt there and it was up to Jeff...I'm sure things would have worked out differently.

So , as you see, there is another side and we should be carefull to condemn without all the facts.
Yea and some guys are already ready to ruin the mans livelihood[:'(][:@] Give me a ******* break............................ Even if he did lease it, it's no ones business but his and the farmers.
Old 10-07-2004, 03:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

yes ya'll are right there are always two sides to a story and this one appears to have some holes in it, if jeff did not know and had no control over the situation my view is different, but if he pulled a fast one on a "friend", he'll get what he deserves.

Quick Reply: CAUTION Local dealer leases hunting property

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.