Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 PA record buck story and more pics.!!!!! >

PA record buck story and more pics.!!!!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

PA record buck story and more pics.!!!!!

Old 10-06-2004, 02:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default PA record buck story and more pics.!!!!!

OK I got the story on the buck shot last night in Rothsville.

He was hunting an old railroad bed that ran between two cornfields. There were 3 scrapes that were leading up to his stand but he hadn't seen what made them or what was working them. After a short while a nice 8 point started making his way towards the stand he was in. It wasn't too long before the 8 point took off and was gone. He looked into the cornfield and saw that something huge was making it's way through because the buck was nocking down rows of corn as it made it's way through. It wasn't long before he appeared out of the field and started tearing up the first scrape. Once he was finished with the first he moved a little closer to the second scrape and eventually right in front of the stand to the third scrape. This is when he fired and connected square in the chest. He said the deer took off straight into the corn leaving a trail that looked like a four wheeler had gone through. The buck then circled around and expired 30 yards from his stand. He then had to go and get the farmers tractor in order to get the deer back to his truck. He has 15 points, a 23 1/2 inch inside spread and dressed out at 256 pounds. His brother said he shot it at ten yards about a mile from a store in Rothsville called Binkley and Hurst on his fathers farm.

Here are some more pics.

Old 10-06-2004, 02:18 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: PA record buck story and more pics.!!!!!

Can you even imagine this thing coming through the corn towards let alone working scrapes giving you time to think about it...my damn leg would shake the leaves off the tree I was in....and I'd have to do my best imitation of a squirrel in order not to chase him out of the area.

I'm thinking his score might not be a new record for PA with these latest pics but I'm interested in the final tally....Man what an incredible deer.....
Old 10-06-2004, 02:23 PM

Too bad they couldn't give this deer the respect it deserves by getting so good pics out in the area it was harvested.
Old 10-06-2004, 03:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

That is just an amazing PA deer. I could only dream to see a buck like that here in PA in my lifetime. Congrats to the lucky hunter!
Old 10-06-2004, 04:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Can you even imagine this thing coming through the corn towards let alone working scrapes giving you time to think about it...my damn leg would shake the leaves off the tree I was in
I would probably shake the stand right off the tree. I still get all worked up when a doe comes in and I have been deer hunting 26 years.
Old 10-06-2004, 06:31 PM

Wow, that is one big deer! Awesome!!!
I'm sure that I would be lying on the ground after fainting if I shot that thing.
Last year as I was traveling down a back road just before dark, I spotted a large deer at the edge of the woods. There was about 60 yards of field in between me and him. At first I thought this deer was a cow. But no way! This thing was huge and the antlers that were definitely two feet wide. I asked the guy at the archery shop if he ever heard of it and he said he did. Sure would be nice if someone could harvest this deer...

I'm sure we all have seen a big one out there... not trying to belittle this deer.
Old 10-06-2004, 07:18 PM

Are you sure its the new record. The record held now was shot 2 miles from my house here in erie. It is mounted in the erie sports store. It was shot in 1943 I believe, and I think it is a 28 point. Next time I am at the mall, I will check for sure.
Old 10-06-2004, 07:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

Well guy's record or mot he's still a darn great looking buck ,hopefully something like that walk's near my treestand this fall LOL.

nubo
Old 10-07-2004, 12:39 AM

That is a nice deer( all deer are record's for someone)
Old 10-07-2004, 01:00 AM
Boone & Crockett

Rothsville aint far from me. And where he shot that deer you can see new developments,stores,hear the traffic,kids playing in the back yards and so forth.Not a deep woods deer more like a burb deer.You can tell by the way the little girl is dressed they are what we call a modern mennonite.thats one reason for the crude pics in his work garage.

Quick Reply: PA record buck story and more pics.!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.