Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Thanks neighbor ! >

Thanks neighbor !

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Thanks neighbor !

Old 10-06-2004, 04:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Thanks neighbor !

I would say that you need to get yer representative for yer district to start lobbying for it to get brought up in the house. I am not real good with politics but if you got ahold of someone who is I bet they could help ya.
Old 10-06-2004, 06:48 PM

That is just plain inconsideration!!! What a jerk! People would rather have a rotting animal carcass on their property than to have a good hunter retrieve his prize. That really sucks.

Same sort of thing happened to my brother last year. He shot a deer and it ran onto the neighbors property and he watched it drop. He started to go retrieve it when suddenly he hears this woman screaming hysterically from across the field. She said he'd better not dare come onto her property. She even called the police and of course they did nothing. And the sick part was that you could see the deer lying there rotting.....
Old 10-06-2004, 06:55 PM

I think in Wis you can pursue you animal onto others land. i know in iowa you can as long as you are not armed. sorry to hear about your situation. what an ass

slayer
Old 10-06-2004, 07:09 PM

wow that sucks sry for your bro. My neighbors would let me go on their property if i had too.
Old 10-06-2004, 08:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Update :

I was able to talk with my neighbor and he finally agreed to let my brother retreive the deer. We found him approx. 50 yards inside my neighbors property line. I'm really happy it all worked out for the best. My brother is like a kid at Christmas now.
Old 10-06-2004, 08:02 PM

I'm glad he pulled through.
Old 10-06-2004, 08:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

A little hard to believe all those that advocate breaking the law. I for one do not wish to have laws followed only when one agrees with them.

As for recovery: I have 60 acres of woods, half a great bedding area bordering over 800 acres of public state forest . For years people set up right on the line. They proceeded to shoot at anything coming out of our property often resulting in the deer heading back onto us. Most then proceeded to follow with several armed buddies effectively doing a drive while "attempting recovery" of a possibly wounded animal.

NO MORE!! There are signs now prohibiting ANY trespass including recovery. There is a phone # posted - if someone calls, we will meet them to check for evidence of a hit. If there is blood, and unless it appears they were hunting our land from the line (they lose their deer), we will take them unarmed to track. Anyone else caught for any reason goes to court - NO warnings.

Its taken a couple years, but people are starting to respect our property.

Just wanted to give a reason why some don't allow unrestricted recovery - respect me and I will respect you.

Steve
Old 10-06-2004, 09:06 PM

congrats to you and your brother jeremy, any pics of the big boy
Old 10-07-2004, 01:12 AM
Boone & Crockett

Good ending,I would still try and get a better relatonship with your neighbor for the future
Old 10-07-2004, 01:31 AM

good deal the cool head did overcome

Quick Reply: Thanks neighbor !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.