Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Thanks neighbor ! >

Thanks neighbor !

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Thanks neighbor !

Old 10-07-2004, 11:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Thanks neighbor !

A big congrats to your brother. Glad to hear he let you in to get the deer.

If anyone who claims that WI lets you retrieve a downed deer has something to prove that I would really like to see it. I cannot find anything to state that. I will probably call our DNR later today about it.

Thanks
Old 10-07-2004, 12:17 PM
Fork Horn

damn that sucks
Old 10-07-2004, 01:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats to yer bro and kudo's to you for being persistent and keeping a cool head. Alot can be learned from yer experience with yer neighbor. It is alot harder to say no when you are face to face with a person. Good luck on the rest of the season. Pictures pictures pictures!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-07-2004, 04:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

Glad things worked out for the better. Now don't forget to give him a few steaks. You may not need to call for permission next time.
Old 10-08-2004, 09:29 AM

In Minnesota you can recover a deer on private property unarmed. I thought it was the same in WI, but could be mistaken.
Old 10-08-2004, 12:27 PM

[:@][:@]man good luck to ya[&:]
Old 10-08-2004, 01:15 PM
Fork Horn

For those that don't understand the rules here in WI:

Under no circumstances may your enter private property, to retrieve any game, without permission from the landowner.
Old 10-08-2004, 01:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

He did reiterate that he still does not want people tresspassing on his property however if something like this should ever happen again not to hesitate to contact him.
That's terrific, way to be persistant on it. And you probably made a new friend as well.

1 hunter per acre, wow.
Old 10-08-2004, 04:58 PM
Fork Horn

I am glad everything worked out. Usually talking face to face is better than over the phone. It is harder for some people to say no. I myself would let someone track a wounded deer on our property provided they could prove they didn't shoot it on us. But sometimes we need to put ourselves on the other side of the fence. The neighbor had bad experiences with tresspassers. It is sad that in America that neighbors don't know each other as they should. Hopefully, you and your neighbor will get to know each other better. Sometimes we need to put ourselves in the other fellows shoes. Most said they would trespass to get the deer. Not only would that have led to a fine but any future hope of getting along with the neighbor would be out the door. Yes, there needs to be laws to help hunters recover legitimately shot deer. But at the same time trespassers need to be punished.