Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 My big buck got stuck last night >

My big buck got stuck last night

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

My big buck got stuck last night

Old 10-07-2004, 06:43 AM

Default RE: My big buck got stuck last night

Bast@rd[>:]
Old 10-07-2004, 06:47 AM
Dominant Buck

Well I didn't read his middle post about the stands being on his land. So, that's wrong. Now that the line has been surveyed that won't happen. 10 yards here or there didn't kill the deer. It's where was he coming from and where was he going? I'm sure the deer could have been killed just as easily 10 yards away. These old unsurveyed property lines are always iffy(especially with todays modern survey equipment. We lost 45 yards off one line this year with a survey. Lost a ton of good trees to hunt from. We hunted them last year and killed deer from them. I'm now 50 yards away but still seeing the same deer.
Old 10-07-2004, 07:27 AM

You guys know they sell a deer barrier which consists of a tape with some soulution on it.
Orginally intended to protect food plots, keep deer out until the food plot was big and healthy then take down ribbon barrier. the soulution on the ribbon was what kept the deer from crossing it. can't remember the name but was just thinking...
Old 10-07-2004, 07:36 AM

Maybe you need to tone down planting 150 of the 200 into crops and get some trees growing. Only 50 acres of the 200 for holding deer? Deer probably don't spend the amount of time on your land that you think they do.
Old 10-07-2004, 07:55 AM
Typical Buck

I agree, he said he had a surveyor come out and look and the guys stands were past the property line, on longrifles side...that would kinda tick me off too, if it was in fact on the other guys land though, I would just be jealous
Old 10-07-2004, 08:16 AM

No offense , but dont pi$$ and moan when you let it happen with no consequences
I'm not pi$$ing and moaning. I was sharing what was going on. As far as letting it happen with no consequences, I took care of the issue. What did you want me to do? Go break his nose. That would have solved nothing, and I would have been arrested. Sorry, I'm not that dumb.

Maybe you need to tone down planting 150 of the 200 into crops and get some trees growing.
We are working on it. We have a 15 acre stand of the thickest crap i've ever seen. A lot of deer hole up in their. And the rest of our trees are old hedge rows. Next spring we are planting several hundred trees. I have olny owned this land for five years. It takes time, and money.

Now back to the neighbor. If his land has so many deer, why is it that he only has stands on our property line? And as far as him shooting it on my land, the way I was raised, that is wrong. Legally their was nothing I could do. I had no proof, just my word against his. What I can legally do is put up the new fence. That is what I am doing this afternoon.
Old 10-07-2004, 08:27 AM

In Georgia it is not illegal for someone to shoot a deer on your property but it is illegal to retrieve an animal across property lines without written permission, even if it mortally wounded and you are trailing it. You may want to recheck your game laws. Get some bedsheets and hang them in front of his stands to obstruct his view of your property. This will probably create and issue but it seems like there is already one. Good luck. Whatever you do don't give in to his shootem up strategy - keep letting the little ones walk, at least if you let them go he can live to see another day to grow.
Old 10-07-2004, 08:49 AM
Typical Buck

Sorry to hear about your troubles longrifle. I'd be mad too if I knew he shot it on my land and there is no easy answer here. Wouldn't it be nice if you were both on the same page and worked together as you say?? Now that you have that surveying done, putting up a new fence would work but it also might make things worse. If he gets in your face about it just remind him that this all would have been avoided if he had only offered to work with you and also remind him of the work that you've put into your land. Or you could go have a heart to heart with him again and state what you intend to do (Putting up new fence) and give him one more chance to become a decent neighbor.
Old 10-07-2004, 09:11 AM
Dominant Buck

Longrifle ,
I sympathize with you for your neighbor problem , and I don't like brown and downers either , but your neighbor isn't required to hunt or tend his own land the way you do . He's a landowner just like you and entitled to do as he wishes with his own property . From your description it seems that all you have here is a case of simple trespass and a possible game violation . Fence him out and post your land , and be prepared to call the sheriff and/or the local game warden if he persists with trespassing .
Old 10-07-2004, 11:19 AM
Fork Horn

Damn that sucks

Quick Reply: My big buck got stuck last night

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.