HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Temperature Question (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/74511-temperature-question.html)

chucker34 10-01-2004 10:14 AM

Temperature Question

Other than the fact that I might freeze my n _ ts off tomorrow morning, is it a bad idea to go bowhunting here in Minnesota when the temps will be below 30 degrees? Do deer typically move when its this cold. This would be my first time bowhunting. I want to try then as it might be one of the few free times I can get out there this season. My son was just born four weeks ago and I like to spend as much time on the weekends as I can with him and his mother. Going in the early morning when they're typically sleeping is a nice way to get out there and not miss out on any of this time with them. Your thoughts appreciated. Thanks!

Tazman 10-01-2004 10:23 AM

RE: Temperature Question

Considering how cold winters are up there 30 degrees is not going to stop them from moving, heck I live in Va. which is no where near as cold as up there and they move even when it is down in the single digits. Single digits is rare here but I have seen it a few times in my 50+ years.

silentassassin 10-01-2004 10:27 AM

The cool weather should actually help deer movement. Good luck and congrats on the new youngun!

BobCo19-65 10-01-2004 10:37 AM

Other than the fact that I might freeze my n _ ts off tomorrow morning, is it a bad idea to go bowhunting here in Minnesota when the temps will be below 30 degrees?
Man, I wouldn't be complaining about that. I'd be excited to have that Temp in early Oct.

Techy 10-01-2004 11:11 AM

They should be moving like crazy;)

rangerstud620 10-01-2004 11:27 AM

Absolutely!!! I live in ND and the deer move much better when the temp is 10-40 degrees this time of year. I'm always anxious for the first hard freeze and the first measurable snowfall because it seems the deer are really on the move during those 2 times. It going to be in the low 20s here tonight so I will be out tonight and tomorrow morning. Can't wait!!

shed33 10-01-2004 11:48 AM

1st off, congrats to you and yours, on the birth of your child. Second, cool weather (low pressure moving in), especially during this time of the year, seems to get deer up and moving early...here anyway. Good luck.

Troy

rybohunter 10-01-2004 11:53 AM

I wish it was going to be 30 degrees for my opener tomorrow.

Good luck.

chucker34 10-01-2004 01:05 PM

Thanks for the advice. I will head out tomorrow morning!

Stonyrvr 10-01-2004 04:11 PM

Chucker 34, as others have mentioned tomorrow morning should be a good time to be out there. With the rain and winds we're having today, I would think the cool temps and the prediction of lighter winds tomorrow should be a good combo. Hopefully these temps should take care of alot of the bugs also. I know I'll be out there tomorrow. Good luck.