Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Anyone a one-pin shooter? >

Anyone a one-pin shooter?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Anyone a one-pin shooter?

Old 09-30-2004, 09:59 PM

Default RE: Anyone a one-pin shooter?

One pin here, always have, always will. I've heard the horror stories of people getting confused about which pins to use during a case of buck fever and I just started out using one. (been shooting for 15 years now) It cuts down on the excuses if I do miss.
I shoot a 75lb, 28" mathews Sq2 and it shoots flat from 10-30yds. If longer shots are presented I just compensate.

I don't know about you guys but, 30yds. when your up in a tree seems like a mile to me.
Old 09-30-2004, 10:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Anyone a one-pin shooter?

Yep, ever since shooting a one pin moveable sight in 3D many yaers ago, I have never gone back to multiple pins. I currently shoot a Vital Bow Gear ProSlide set at 25 yards and am confident with this pin setting out to 32-33 yards. Why clutter the sight picture with a bunch of pins? As fast as most of todays compounds shot, I can't really see the need to have a 20,30,40,50,60 yard setup. First of all I don't know of many people capable of shooting ananimal at 40 yards much less 60, and almost anyone should be able to use a 1 pin setup out to 30 yards.