Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What's your take on scent lock suits???? >

What's your take on scent lock suits????

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What's your take on scent lock suits????

Old 09-29-2004, 10:12 PM

Default What's your take on scent lock suits????

Do you guys have em???? Are they any good?????
Do they work???? Are they were paying what they cost for them???
Thanks for replies
Old 09-30-2004, 01:49 AM

Default RE: What's your take on scent lock suits????

First 4 years, no scentlok, no deer, although I did miss (my bad). I've had scentlok for a few years but never wore it religeously, the top is old, and I think it's noisy. Last year I made a tremendous effort to really take care of my scent, and shot a doe the first night. It was a new stand, and my "stinky" friend shot one a week later, but I recommend it.
Old 09-30-2004, 01:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

I can't decide either way on scent lok - I use a scent lok hood because it can't hurt to try and the price was right. Otherwise, I'm a strong believer in Baking Soda and homemade scent killer spray.
Everything I hunt with gets a good baking soda bath, including my stands and blinds. My $0.02
Old 09-30-2004, 04:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have one in my honest opinion use a good spray keep your clothes in a bag to keep the scent from them,shower using a good scent elimanating soap and baking soda and hunt the wind. I would not pay the price again no way.
Old 09-30-2004, 05:36 AM

I think that they are way over priced for one, but ive heard good and about them. If you wash your hunting clothes in scent killing degertant, and use a cover up spray and do this on a regular basis you should be good to go.
Old 09-30-2004, 05:38 AM
Typical Buck

Never used them, but I think they're overpriced regardless of whether they work or not anyway.
Old 09-30-2004, 06:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

They're very expensive for what they are. I personally don't use one and probably wont use one until they come out with one that is totally rechargable by some means. From everything I've read and heard, they will only last a few years of hunting before the carbon can not be effective. A normal clothes drying does not create the amount of heat neccesary to recharge the carbon.

I'm with everyone else on this one. Wash your clothes in scent killing detergent, take a scent free shower in the mornings, use a cover scent and hunt.
Old 09-30-2004, 06:33 AM
Boone & Crockett

Cost to much,I have all the scent blocker I need.I just hang my clothes in the neighbors cow and horse stalls.And make sure I step in some good fresh ploppers on the way to the stand.
Old 09-30-2004, 07:34 AM
Boone & Crockett

I'll let you know at the end of my season this year. I've purchased the Base Slayer suit from ScentLok and the underlayer from Scent Blocker......if nothing more they will be a nice warm base layer under my ASAT camo...if you decide to try either brand, I recommend the underlayer types...they are much less expensive and you can use your popular camo patterns that don't come in Scent Lok/Block material such as ASAT and Predator....but this year will be my testing zone.
Old 09-30-2004, 07:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have owned them in the past. I owned the camo sets and the base layer sets but I don't use them anymore and I won't be spending any more of my money on them. JMO

Quick Reply: What's your take on scent lock suits????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.