Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Hunting off the ground >

Hunting off the ground

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Hunting off the ground

Old 09-30-2004, 10:20 PM

Default RE: Hunting off the ground

In my opinion shot placement on the ground versus a treestand is very different. Remember as much information on shooting from a treestand as you could and then throw it all away, because it doesn't apply when hunting from the ground. You must aim lower when hunting from the ground to compensate for the deer jumping the string. Since your on the ground your point of aim will almost feel unnatural, or like you aiming way to low but that's not the case.
I'm not claiming to be an expert this is just something that has worked for me in the past. Good luck man and I hope some of this advice helps.
Old 10-01-2004, 04:29 AM

Default RE: Hunting off the ground

i also hunt from the ground and have had succes.just play the wind and cover your scent up real good good luck.