Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 how far should  arrows  be? >

how far should arrows be?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

how far should arrows be?

Old 09-29-2004, 04:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default how far should arrows be?

When shooting your bow how far apart should your arrows be apart. I have my pin sights at 10,15 and 20. Most of the time my grouping with all yardages is about 2 inches. There are times when I do miss and hit a non-vital area. Is this all right?
Old 09-29-2004, 04:27 PM

Default RE: how far should arrows be?

Practice Practice Practice. Shoot further distances, this will make you work out any problems you might have in form.
Old 09-29-2004, 05:30 PM

What JPruiett said sums it all up! Increase your practice range and shoot at smaller targets to force yourself to tighten those groups up. Over a period of time increase your practice range up to 40yds or more, then when you are shooting 2" groups at 40yds you'll be robinhooding arrows at 10, 15, and 20yds!
Old 09-29-2004, 05:35 PM
Boone & Crockett

Remember the saying...aim small, miss small. Instead of practicing on a 3D target, train yourself on small dots on standard targets for grouping and form. Don't aim for an area like the vitals and expect to necessarily group. "It's easier to hit the center of a golfball than it is the center of a basketball".....

I'm assuming your a youngster with an average to slower bow seeing your using a 10, 15 and 20 yard pin. Most bows today are only an inch high at 10 yards when using the 20 yard pin. If your having difficulty at to 20 yards and beyond, be sure to limit your hunting distances to your effective range. Hitting nonvital areas on live animals shouldn't be acceptable. Keep practicing and it'll come. Two inch groups are not that bad, missing the vitals is. Good luck.
Old 09-29-2004, 10:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

This is what guys around here set there pin sights at. Most guys dont go much past 30 yards.