Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Disheartening stealth cam pic >

Disheartening stealth cam pic

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Disheartening stealth cam pic

Old 09-29-2004, 09:11 PM

Default RE: Disheartening stealth cam pic

damn..thats crazy
Old 09-29-2004, 09:48 PM
Fork Horn

poster: drop em were they stand

damn..thats crazy
Thanks Brian Fellows.
Old 09-29-2004, 10:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

I agree! Talk to your local officer and see if there is anything you can do. How long do you think that arrow has been in her?
Old 09-29-2004, 10:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks Brian Fellows.
ROTFLMAO!!! thats funny!
Old 09-30-2004, 02:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

A couple years ago a friend of mine shot a nice 8 point buck, when he was skinning it and got the hide off of its neck he noticed something shiny in the flesh just below the skull base. He proceeded to cut into the neck and it turned out to be an arrow insert and a 3 blade muzzy broadhead, from the appearance of the tissue it was not infected and actually was healed around the broadhead lots of scar tissue though. Between everyone in the deer camp we determined that the deer had to have lived with that broad head in its neck for atleast a year.

The deer season a year after that my same friend shot another decent 8 point, but this one as it walked up to his stand my friend noticed an arrow shaft sticking out of its left hind quarter. He shot it which i feel was the most ethical thing to do though he was waiting for the 10 point he spotted near his stand during bow season just the week before. But as he skinned it the wound was quite fresh maybe a week old was severely infected the meat in the back half of the animal was worthless due to infection he was only able to save one tenderloin and the meat in the front half of the deer. The arrow that was in the deer was a 2117 shaft camo hunter with an identical 3 blade muzzy broad head to the one found in his deer the previous year which had the same insert that would fit in a 2117 shaft. we figured both deer were shot by the same person and that person severely needs practice with their bow.
Old 09-30-2004, 04:07 AM
Boone & Crockett

Hunt for it and take it out of its misery,then proceed for that big buck,thats what I would do
Old 09-30-2004, 04:41 AM

I would spend some time in that area and see if she comes around. a friend of mine shot a nice 10 pointer durnign gun season and when he skinded it under the skin in the spine there was a broad head and he said it had to be in there since the year before. and that deer was running around perfect!
Old 09-30-2004, 05:30 AM

Thats awful, I saw a pretty nice 6 pointer the other day limping around while grazing in the field, come to find out he has a arrow in his right hind quarter down by his leg!
Old 09-30-2004, 05:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think it would be good to post the pic, for the fact that it would show guys that where you think you can hit a deer sometimes and KILL it, It really doesnt.. LOTS OF GUYS DONT KNOW THE KILL ZONE...
Old 09-30-2004, 05:47 AM

think it would be good to post the pic, for the fact that it would show guys that where you think you can hit a deer sometimes and KILL it, It really doesnt.. LOTS OF GUYS DONT KNOW THE KILL ZONE...
Very nicely said Mathewsboy!!!

Quick Reply: Disheartening stealth cam pic

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.