Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 poll lets see how good we are >

poll lets see how good we are

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Old 09-28-2004, 04:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: poll lets see how good we are

deer hunting 25+, small game hunting 32 years, i dont think the number of deer you have killed

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HEY GUYS LETS POST A NEW POLL

POST HOW MANY DEER KILLS YOU HAVE AND THE NUMBER OF YEARS HUNTING!!!
, is good barometer, living in alabama and having a very long and libreal season you could, and i have killed a bunch not something i'm as proud of now[&o], now i'm happy with 3-5 deer a year, and 3 of those can be does after that i'm looking for a mounter 115"+, and in case your wondering i have killed over 20 in a year all legal, but i would never do this again,
Old 09-28-2004, 08:02 PM

i am 15 and have been taging along with my dad scence i was 4 but i dident acualy start deer hunting untill i was 10 so i have been hunting deer for 5 years and this is my second year of bow hunting i have killed 23 deer in 5 years 3 were with a bow and i have been turkey hunting for 4 years and i have killed 5. my dad started taking me squirrel hunting when i was 4 and i started with a 22 youth model remington rife and now i squirrel hunt with a 22 browning lever action with scope i love hunting those little tree rats thats quick and exciting fun and can really help your hunting skills i have lost count on how many i have killed. the reason i have killed so many deer in that short period of time is because we like to keep our buck to doe ratio about 1-2 and we have to harvest alot of does to do that but we do have a pretty good deer heard because of it and we have quite a few nice bucks one moster has give me and my dad the slip for the last 3 years he is a nice 12 point typical with about a 26 inch spread and i should have killed him last year he was 30 yards with the muzzeloader standin in an old logging road i called him up thanks to the CAN call by Primos and what i had pried that would never hapen to me on a big buck happened the muzzeloader dident go off i had a bad cap[:@][:@][:@][:@][:@]
Old 09-29-2004, 04:27 AM

This poll is going really good keep up the good hunting guys. and dont forget a true sportsman shares everyone's happyness when shooting a deer. even a little button buck. a deer is a deer. i am a meat hunter my self but also a trophy hunter. when the freezer is full i then look for bigger bone!!!!

good luck everyone
motown
Old 09-29-2004, 06:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

never said I didn't see the value of the thread, or that I didn't think it should be here. I simply gave my opinion, and in a polite way I thought by the way, not to mention the information he wanted. That is also my right, is it not? Or am I only allowed to give my opinion if it is agreeable? I didn't tell him he was dumb for asking it, or that it was a stupid question. Just that I feel it was not a good indicator to how good of a hunter you were, and why. Maybe he is 15 and doesn't know any better. And even if he is not, I don't doubt there are some young hunters or future hunters lurking around here that could get the wrong idea. Not that killing alot of deer is wrong, as long as you do it legally.

And I didn't say anything about this being a P&Y thread, or starting one. I have never taken a pope and young class deer in my life, and don't really care if I do or not. Please don't quote me and then accuse me of something I didn't even say. Although if you had a few deer of that quality under your belt it would lead one to believe you were a pretty good hunter, or darn lucky at any rate. I think you would find however that most guys that have those kind of trophies don't have a high number of kills. They most likely let more deer walk than the average hunter does.

I also don't make it a point to post on every thread there is just for the point of posting, so I do skip posts that don't interest me or don't apply. That may be why I only have 301 posts and you have over 1600.

I wasn't referring to you when I was talking about not seeing the value of the thread nor was I referring to you in the P & Y reference. I was talking to you about your post where you tried to come into the thread and let us know that this sort of thing is beneath you and then proceded to spout on for a whole page. I just saw that as kind of hypocritical that's all and it struck me the wrong way. You are right about the title of the thread but it was not mentioned in the thread and you never know whther titles are serious or not. However, if that type of post is below you then call it that way and go on about your rat killing. But to call it one way and then do something else, well to be perfectly honest it makes you look condescending and hypocrtical. JMO
Old 09-29-2004, 10:01 AM
Spike

I have been hunting for 6 years now and have harvested a total of 11 deer. One 7 point and a spike. As far as bow goes i have been bow hunting for 2 years now and just last year harvested my first deer, an average size doe.
Old 09-29-2004, 10:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Bowhunting about 26 years between 30-40 kills.
Old 09-29-2004, 11:06 AM
Boone & Crockett

I have been hunting for about 20 years and have taken around 25 deer or so if memory serves me.
Old 09-29-2004, 03:33 PM

Rifle=13 deer combined bucks and does
Bow=4 deer combined 3 being bucks
Been hunting on and off for probably 18 years.
Old 09-29-2004, 03:39 PM
Fork Horn

Been hunting for 14 years. I've shot 33 deer and recovered 33 deer. 100% recovery rate. That's the thing I am most proud of. Knock on wood!
Old 09-29-2004, 07:57 PM

im 16 n ive ben hunting for 4 years and have killed 4 deer including a nice 10 pointer last year. this is just my second year bowhunting and i've yet to get one but this is the year i got a feeling

Quick Reply: poll lets see how good we are

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.