Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Feed back on the Whisker bisquit? >

Feed back on the Whisker bisquit?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Feed back on the Whisker bisquit?

Old 09-28-2004, 02:08 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Feed back on the Whisker bisquit?

The big plus is that the rest is just so simple- no timing, moving parts, or arrows falling off the rest. As Ron Popeil says: "Just set it, and forget it!"
LMAO ! I had my bow set up with it to begin with so I don't know any different. I love it.
Old 09-28-2004, 06:56 PM
Fork Horn

I like the concept and the ease of use. But I am having one hell of a time getting it tuned correctly. This is my second year using it, but I am tempted to go "drop away" next year. Hopefully that will make things a little cheaper on me. (Fewer trips to the pro shop to replace feathers.)

I do say if you can get it tuned correctly it is the way to go.
Old 09-28-2004, 07:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

lonestar you owe it to yourself to at least try a drop away, I had mine installed last year and it's by far the best. Put it on, set it up and didnt even need to tune. I shoot from 0 to 60 yds with awsome grouping using carbon arrows. I'm using the Drop zone and it is super quiet.
I cant understand why the bisquite is so popular, its noisy, it tears up fletching, its hard to tune, Ive never used one but I can only imagine the noise it makes as the arrow comes crashing through it at 260 + fps. freeezes up during the winter, hmmmm did I leave anything out.
Old 09-28-2004, 07:51 PM

i dought a new hoyt ultratec after hunting season last year and i put the whisker bisquit on that. I dident give my bisquit a fair chance i couldent get it to shoot like i wanted it to. i would shoot good groops ant 20 yards but about 1 out of every 5 arrows would shoot off to one side or eather be high or low. and at 30 yards i couldent shoot a 6 inch group. so i threw it away and went to a quicktune 1000 rest. then i went down to my local archery shop to get a string replaced about a weeks ago and one of my buddys down there told me that i should have been shooting the cock vane up insted of down on the bisquit (TIP!!!!!!)

season starts in 3 days so it is to late to change it right now but next year i am guna give it another chance i thank that it will performe great