HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   will deer come back........... (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/73991-will-deer-come-back.html)

primetimearcher 09-27-2004 10:27 AM

will deer come back...........

If you take a shot at a deer in the morning and miss will he come back at night if he's 1 or 2years old. Or will the area have no deer for weeks.

texasaggiebowhunter 09-27-2004 10:30 AM

RE: will deer come back...........

I missed a buck once, and he came back twenty minutes later. I didnt miss him that time. ;)

UncleNorby 09-27-2004 10:31 AM

Unless you really managed to spook this deer, I mean he busted you totally, there's a good chance he won't associate that spot with danger. I would even hunt the stand the next day. But after that, it might be best to rest the stand a couple days.

silentassassin 09-27-2004 10:33 AM

There are lots of variable involved in that answer. As a rule of thumb if it's a 2 year old buck and he saw you then he probably won't come back but nothing is 100% when dealing with wild animals. If the deer didn't know what it was then it may very well come back. It depends on how bad the animal was spooked and how bad they want to be in that area or how bad they need to come through that area.

adams 09-27-2004 10:39 AM

After the shot did the deer see you or did he just bound away wondering what happened? If the deer saw you then I doubt he'll be back for a while but if he heard you shot and never located you you may likely see him again. Deer are curious and unless you gave him reason to fear he should conting with his life like nothing happened.

drop em were they stand 09-27-2004 12:47 PM

I have shot at does with my shotgun and slugs and they move 10 yards and stop to eat again. I think the only way to spook a deer out of an area for a while would be for the deer to see you or smell you and know you are there.

TURKEY FAN 09-27-2004 01:40 PM

Deer are curious
u got that right fella!

Katbones 09-27-2004 01:41 PM

I don't believe you have ruined your stand, if you are in a good location.
Fool me once,shame on me= fool me twice, shame on you.;)

Handles 09-27-2004 01:45 PM

Remember that if one buck likes the area of your stand others will as well. Your buck may shy off for a week, but that doesn't mean that others won't step right in.

Pat Curtis 09-27-2004 03:39 PM

I've found that if I've spooked some deer..like they've totally busted me by seeing me..they'll run to a near-by woods...and eventually come back within a day. Most times..they're back either in the afternoon if I spooked them in the morning..or the morning if I spooked them at night.

For a deer in my parts to leave and never come back....we must REALLY have to spook him up! Most times..they come right back.