Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 sick of Gravity games on OLN >

sick of Gravity games on OLN

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

sick of Gravity games on OLN

Old 09-24-2004, 11:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default sick of Gravity games on OLN

man, most of the time I can handle the "High Five" and the other stuff on OLN, but the last week, I don't think I have seen anything except for the stupid gravity games thing. Anyone else feel me on this? I have to stay up til 4am to see buckmasters, then it will probably be a re-run. oh well, this time next week I will be in the woods attempting to make my own buckmasters. sorry, I just had to vent a little.
Old 09-25-2004, 05:41 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: sick of Gravity games on OLN

I agree.

I have the basic direct tv package at home which includes OLN and I can not remember the last time I saw a hunting show.

I will say this, those of you that have dish network have it made. The "Mens" channel has hunting shows on ALL the time! We have dish network at work so I get to watch on a regular basis.
Old 09-25-2004, 05:49 AM
Typical Buck

You guys should nag your cable company to get the Sportsman's Channel. It's motto is "All hunting, all fishing, all the time", and they live up to it. There aren't any infomercials to contend with like the Outdoor Channel (not OLN) either.
Old 09-25-2004, 05:56 AM
Spike

The only gravity I want to see is when the buck hits the floor after a shot. OLN is a joke.[:@]
Old 09-25-2004, 07:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

TELL ME ABOUT IT.. MY GOD, I almost threw my remote at the TV the other night when that Discusting Sh*t was on again...

I called my cable company before, which happens to be Stupid Charter and they said They can't do anything because thats the package we have up here.. NO OUTDOOR CHANNEL.. I drive 1hour south and I could have the OUTDOOR CHANNEL..

I think When January Roles around, I'm goin with Direct Tv.. It will be cheaper and I'll have the OUtdoor Channel..
Old 09-25-2004, 09:16 AM

it makes me mad when the outdoor channel has those damn car racing shows on, those bandits i think theyre called? and bull riding. Whistle Stops is the dumbest show i've ever seen. and those darn gold shows...when i was laid up with the flu bad over christmas i watched the whole show for an hour, thsoe guys are nuts.
OLN just is plain gay because they have one fishing show on onc ea week...they used to have paintball but then that was gone too

slayer
Old 09-25-2004, 09:31 AM

That's one of the few channels I get with my basic cable tv. I rarely watch, most everything sucks on it pretty much in my opinion. I however like some of the gravity games and prefere seeing that to nonstop fishing shows and bull riding. I like the free style motocross where they do the tricks with the dirt bikes. That stuff is pretty amazing to watch.

I feel the same way you guys do about most sports on television in general. With all the dedicated sports channels on tv now why do I have to see football, golf, and basball on network television. Nothing ticks me off more than sitting down to watch one of my favorite weekly shows and there is a some stupid baseball or hockey game on instead!

About the only sports I like watching are automotive sports like car and bike racing, or drag racing. Unfortunately that stuff isn't on network television much anymore. And I absolutely loath reality tv! If I wanted to see that kind of petty crap I'd go to more family functions or spend more time at work. I don't get the apeal of it.

I will agree that I wouldn't expect to see the gravity games on a channel named the Outdoor Life Network. PBS on the weekends has better outdoor programming than this channel most of the time.

Paul
Old 09-25-2004, 03:25 PM

yeah first we got stuck with the Only Lance Network now it is the Gravity Games. I am honestly thinking of switching to Directv just to get the Outdoor Channel. The only problem is that we really really like the OnDemand feature with Comcast, but i suppose i could live without it.

I doubt Comcast will ever give us the Outdoor Channel since they are directly affiliated with OLN