HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Clorophyl Tablets (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/73796-clorophyl-tablets.html)

RIStrutStopper 09-24-2004 08:46 PM

Clorophyl Tablets

I recall reading that taking clorophyl tablets helps control breath odor. Has anyone tried this? Does it work? How do you take them...do you chew the tablets, swallow them??

Thanks-
Paul

Jack Ryan 09-25-2004 01:05 AM

RE: Clorophyl Tablets

They sell that kind of stuff with out a prescription at about every pharmacy. People with colostomy bags use it and the pharmacist can tell you all about it.

bastid 09-25-2004 06:33 AM

I have thought about that also. Does anybody know what section they are in at the pharmacy? I'd hate to ask the pharmacist, she's hot and she might think I've gotta colostomy bag:)

gibblet 09-25-2004 06:39 AM

they are called nullo. they are said to control more than breath odor, but also affect your body's smell overall. i have used them. you're supposed to start taking them about 4 days before you go hunting. drink plenty of water ok, or they may constipate you a bit. and don't be alarmed when your poop turns a little green. i have no idea if they work or not, but have had success while using them on the ground. had a group of deer at about 10 ft. also from a stand at about 15 ft horizontal distance without being sniffed. plenty of people have had this experience in blue jeans and sneakers with no scent control at all though. if its just breath control your after eat raw parsley.

RIStrutStopper 09-25-2004 07:21 PM

Gibblet, what is the dosage supposed to be? I asked my pharmacist, and he ordered some tablets, dont know the brand. they are cheap, think he said like 3 or 4 bucks for 100? My season starts next Friday, and the tablets are supposed to be in Monday, guess that works.

PA-BOW-MAN 09-25-2004 07:41 PM

People give it to dogs in heat so they can still hunt them and not have every male dog in town after them. Should work on people too. lol Seems a little over board on scent control though.

gibblet 09-25-2004 08:07 PM

it'll have directions on them if you got nullo, which is the colostomy bag scent killer. i'm gonna start taking mine monday. i will say that i just made a homemade batch of scent killer from another person on this board and its awesome. .5 box baking soda, 2oz green hunter soap, 16 oz hygrogen peroxide (h202) and the rest spring water up to a gallon - then let it sit an hour to let out some of the O2, put it in a solid white milk jug or something else that will keep light out and keep in a dark place. others mentioned freshening it up every once in a while with a little moreH202. i got up to one of my spots today to take some treats and put some on me and my clothes - awesome because all the store bought stuff says - don't get on skin - and i couldn't even smell my own armpits, which usually smell like cat pee by the time i get there. i also had a 60lb pack on my back. its straight up a mountain. probably cost about 90 cents for a gallon.

RIStrutStopper 09-25-2004 09:16 PM

I started a thread on that homade scent control formula, mixed up a batch too, just a little different on the amounts of stuff. Keeping it in the clear jug from the disitlled water, but have it in something to keep the light from getting to it. I'm usually not as careful as I should be about scent control, but I'm going to give it a try this year. Hell PA, if green S**t is the only drawback of using these tablets and it helps cut down on the human scent, i dont think its overboard...

nybowhunter 09-26-2004 06:42 PM

I'm going to try the tablets and the spray. It sure beats $150.00 scent lok suit.