Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Bow slipped out of hand, Anyone else? >

Bow slipped out of hand, Anyone else?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bow slipped out of hand, Anyone else?

Old 09-24-2004, 09:54 AM

Default Bow slipped out of hand, Anyone else?

I was shooting my bow a few hours before heading out elk hunting. I had my bow drawn back and my hand twisted a bit causing the bow to slip out of my hand. The bow came rushing back and cracked me on my release hand. I got split for stiches and a broken knuckle. I couldn't believe this was happeneing to me but it was. I felt real stupid about the whole incident and was just wondering if anyone else had ever had this happen to them because frankly i have never heard of it till i experienced it for myself.
Old 09-24-2004, 11:22 AM

Default RE: Bow slipped out of hand, Anyone else?

Nope.
Old 09-24-2004, 11:37 AM

Nope.

You need one of those wrist slings.
Old 09-24-2004, 12:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

Happened to me once. I had a high letoff, single cam bow, and was fiddling around with different ways of gripping the handle, trying to find ANY kind of grip the bow liked. Wound up with my palm around to the shelf side of the grip and the bow centered right over my thumb joint instead of centered up in the web. Got the blasted thing drawn and I guess I let my release hand creep forward a bit (can't maintain back tension with high letoff POS bows [:@]). My wrist collapsed when the cam kicked in. At least I was on top of it enough that it was a semi-controlled wreck. Started letting down as soon as I felt the bow trying to get away and all I got was a bruise.

That was the last single cam bow, and last high letoff bow, I will ever own.
[:'(]
Old 09-24-2004, 12:31 PM
Typical Buck

OUCH!!![:-]

Get a wrist sling put on!
Old 09-24-2004, 02:56 PM

nope cant say thats ever happend to me
Old 09-24-2004, 03:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

not that but something worse,or more stupid, had an arrow jump off rest with a broadhead, the bow had an overdraw, long story short, the broadhead stuck to my wrist[], i had to turn the bow upside/down and draw a little futher, this was in the day of 30% letoff, its funny how you can sweat in cold weather[:@], hope your better soon
Old 09-24-2004, 03:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Never dropped one shooting...but my bow did decide to jump outta my treestand from about 22 feet in the air. That sucked alot.

I don't have a wrist sling on mine...don't figure I need one, but dad and a bunch of other people keep one on their bows, in case that it does slip out of their hand.

Look into one, they're cheap, and when it comes down to it, $5-10 bow wrist sling, or $100 on a bow repair, the sling is the much better option.
Old 09-28-2004, 01:11 AM

i feel sorry for anyone that's gotten hurt from this. but it's funny that i was just thinking about what would happen if... when i was shooting yesterday. now i know.
Old 09-28-2004, 01:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Because of how I shoot I have to have a wrist sling, I shoot with my grip hand open. before I got a wrist sling, a few times I nearly dropped my bow after releasing, Id hate for my bow to fall 17 feet to the ground that would suck.

Quick Reply: Bow slipped out of hand, Anyone else?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.