Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Be Proud of your Animal-3rd Annual* >

Be Proud of your Animal-3rd Annual*

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Be Proud of your Animal-3rd Annual*

Old 09-26-2004, 04:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Be Proud of your Animal-3rd Annual*

Hey this year alone I've watched spikes, forks, 6's ,heck just monday I had an 8 at ten yds hanging around and looking straight at me for 30-40 min while I was standing, bow in hand waiting for him to leave. Finally he walked off. Why didn't I shoot? cause the zone I hunt the buck must have at least 3 points on one side, oh and aaaaaaaaafter you shoot that "It's only a doe" are you allowed to shoot a buck. So that "it's only a doe" means a heck of alot here if you want a big un.
Old 09-26-2004, 07:05 PM

I am proud of all seven deer that ive taken, every squirrel and rabbit (cant remember every single one tho) both mice (long story) and one particular rabitt that i shot with the bow.
My first two deer were nubbers but i was still proud of em. i cant pick any of my deer over the other. the biggest buck ive shot is a 4 pt and that makes me proud too.
this year i had to shoot a doe since im in earn a buck and i did and i am really proud of that one
Old 09-27-2004, 09:26 PM

My first buck slash deer with a bow was a basket 6pt. For sure was a trophy to me. Also I got him by rattling him in. That was fun and what got me hooked on bowhunting. I haven't harvested a buck since with my bow, but have missed a few and had some awesome encounters with many. I have put a few does in the freezer and I get the same rush out of harvesting a doe. Man just talking about it I can't wait to get out to the woods again. All in all I mostly hunt for meat although I did pass on a small 6pt on opener. Mostly because on my trail camera I have pictures of some nicer bucks hanging out in the area. MORE MEAT on them. HEHE!
Old 09-28-2004, 07:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Ohio Bowhunter75

Honestly,some of my favorite hunts had a doe or a small buck at the end of the blood trail.Those were the days when friends got together and hunted.Now we all hunt aloneI would go without adding another buck on my wall to have those days back.
DITTO!!!!!
Old 09-28-2004, 03:24 PM
Typical Buck

Everyone has made some great points, but where are the pics of those trophies. Everyone that has a pic of their kill, post it and let us see your trophy
Old 09-28-2004, 10:03 PM

Hello all. Long time lurker here, haven't had many posts but check this site out every night after work. I got a used High Country this past spring and have learned a ton from reading this site. This evening at 6:00 I shot my first deer with a bow. It was an 8 pointer. I know I probly shoulda let him get bigger, but I'm a more proud of this deer than other animal I've harvested before. I arrowed it with
a HCA Ultra Extreme set at 70 #, shooting 100 grain wasp boss bullets with cabela's carbon arrows. The shot was from a treestand at approx 22 yards. Took a quartering away shot and had a pass-thru. The arrow actually stuck about a foot into the ground after passing through the deer. The blood trail was easy as heck to find. Deer ran about 50 yards and expired. Anywho, enough jabbering, here's my trophy

Old 09-28-2004, 10:05 PM

Well doggonit, I can't get the pic to upload! Heh, gonna keep trying, stay tuned
Old 09-28-2004, 10:12 PM
dpv
Typical Buck

This will be my 8th season in the woods. There was a break of several years in there between 5 and 6. I have killed 3 deer. 1 doe in year 6 and a doe and a button in year 7. I've completely screwed up some opprotunities to take does, spikes and big rack bucks. Each of my three kills is magical to me. The first doe was the first. The second doe I shot at 930 am, I thought I had missed but found blood so I tracked thru briar rabbits home town on my hands and knees until 1 pm before I recovered that doe. That was special to me. The button was my first rifle kill. That was awesome. God willing, I will get lucky this year. I might have does, buttons or rack bucks in my future but they will all thrill me. There's something more than antlers in the hunt. So much more. It's that thing that makes you and your hunting buddy understand so much without saying very much. it's what makes me look forward to the day that each of my boys will take their first kill and I pray that I am there by their side when they do it. I could go on and on but you guys already know the 30,000 things I'll say. It's hunting.

David
Old 09-30-2004, 07:31 AM
Boone & Crockett

Congrats fultontx on a fine first bowkill, I have yet to get my first buck with a bow, they always seem to wait until I have a gun in my hand to show up and offer a shot.
Old 10-02-2004, 09:05 PM
Typical Buck

Jolly good show fultontx! Sounds like you had a great hunt and made superb shot placement to boot. Just think, now you have another hobby to contend with! Congrats!

Quick Reply: Be Proud of your Animal-3rd Annual*

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.