HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Got busted last night PART II, not tonight!!!! (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/73482-got-busted-last-night-part-ii-not-tonight.html)

Solax 09-22-2004 07:18 AM

Got busted last night PART II, not tonight!!!!

Went out two nights ago and got busted, you can read about it. Went out in a different stand last night. Well what got me busted also helped me out. I had a doe at last light come from behind me where I wasn't expecting her. She came out on my right side so to shoot I had to stand up, turn around, then draw (I'm right handed). Well, as she crossed my trail she smelled my foot prints, went alert and looked out at the corn field, directly away from me. This gave me time to stand up and turn before she started looking around. Then she looked at the corn field again.....I drew back. She's facing away from me so all I need is a turn, there she goes and I let it fly. Perfect double lung, pass through, arrow stuck in the ground. She ran a 1/4 circle around me and crashed in the brush.

The thing is if she'd kept walking she would have gotten in to the thick stuff but since she smelled the trail I walked in on it gave me time to stand, turn and draw before she got to the thick stuff.

Back straps last night were GOOOODDDD!!!! First of the season, I'm pumped!!!!!:D

JeramyK 09-22-2004 07:25 AM

RE: Got busted last night PART II, not tonight!!!!

Congrats Solax. :)

wideone 09-22-2004 07:36 AM

Well done! Sometimes things work for ya, sometimes against. That's the great thing about hunting.

mrfritz44 09-22-2004 07:38 AM

Congratulations...............all this talk of getting deer is making me itch BAD.

Fieldmouse 09-22-2004 08:11 AM

Solax, How high do you get. My guess is that your too low for your area. I know where your hunting and I would get 28+. You won't get the big boy if this keeps happening to you. Also, stand and be ready to shoot before the deer gets to your area. If your not standing and ready to shoot you may find yourself out of position if a big buck comes in quick.

Good luck and congrads on your steaks.

adams 09-22-2004 08:24 AM

I guess that means you old stand is free and clear again;)

Solax 1
Deer 1

Join us next week on the doe crashes:D

Techy 09-22-2004 08:32 AM

Congrats and good story:D

jamiebuck 09-22-2004 09:10 AM

GREAT JOB NOW YOUR READY FOR THE BIG BOY:D:D

louddrummer69 09-22-2004 09:35 AM

You lucky dog...That's why they call it hunting and not killing!!! Sometimes you get lucky like that.

mahoningbuck 09-22-2004 09:50 AM

Taking a doe only means more success in the future! Backstraps will be nice. Invite the Motor City Madman over for some delights!