Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 look what i seen this weekend! >

look what i seen this weekend!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

look what i seen this weekend!

Old 09-21-2004, 07:06 AM

Default look what i seen this weekend!

I went to my best opening weekend spot on saturday, and I didn't see any deer because this girl was there. She brought 2 of her cubs along. I seen them 100 yards away and they came straight to my tree and were eating acorns. This picture of the ma was taken at 15 yards away. My climber stand was 35 feet high in an oak. She looked up at me when she got this far, but she must now have known what i was so she kept eating. It was the first time I ever brought my camera in the woods, man was i happy i did. I was extremely nervous though because she had here young cubs there, and that is risky business. If you thought buck fever was bad, you should try bear fever!!

It was crazy enought getting to see them in the morning, and then they showed up again in the afternoon, right under my tree again, one of the cubs ate the apple core that i had thrown down there. I was taking a picure of the mom, and i felt some scratching on my tree, and looked down and one of the cubs was a foot off the ground in my tree!!!! My heart was pounding so hard, i though i was gonna bounce out of the tree. The cub went back down and no harm was done. (to me) The only weapon i had was my bow so i was pretty much SOL if something happened. I like bears, but not this close!

ANYONE GOT AN IDEA OF HOW BIG THIS GIRL IS? SHE WAS HUGE!

Old 09-21-2004, 07:09 AM

Default RE: look what i seen this weekend!

here are her cubs.

(i wish i could post bigger pictures, 30kb is small)

Old 09-21-2004, 07:29 AM
Giant Nontypical

Cool pics!!!
Old 09-21-2004, 07:41 AM

That's cool! Sometime the best time I have hunting deer have nothing to do with deer. This definately would be one of those occasions.
Old 09-21-2004, 07:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for sharing the pics. Sounds like a great experience. Good think you had the camera with you.
Old 09-21-2004, 08:00 AM
Fork Horn

I probably would of had to go home and change my draws after she looked up at me. I can only imagine what you were thinking.

Great pictures!
Old 09-21-2004, 08:00 AM
Boone & Crockett

What a great hunt and a great experience......always a good idea to have a camera...that way no one can say, yeah right......nice shots.
Old 09-21-2004, 08:14 AM

Nice pics.
Old 09-21-2004, 08:23 AM

Nice pics! She is huge!
Old 09-21-2004, 08:34 AM

Great pics!!!! But you are nuts if you go back up in that stand without a pistol for backup. I don't care what the law says, I always carry a pistol with me while bowhunting.

Quick Reply: look what i seen this weekend!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.