HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Well,....my string broke today! (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/73288-well-my-string-broke-today.html)

txmarshmonkey 09-20-2004 07:29 PM

Well,....my string broke today!

This does not make me very happy. Less than two weeks to go and not very much free time for breaking in a new string. Any suggestions???????

Twisted Arrow 09-20-2004 07:32 PM

RE: Well,....my string broke today!

sounds like you have NO choice but get a new string . when i make myself a new string I always keep the last string that was on it just for cases like yours . I leave it completely set up, that way if the one on the bow breaks , i have one ready to put back on. good luck
I do build custom strings !

thenuge15 09-20-2004 07:38 PM

Does a string break cause bow or shooter damge, or is that just the cable?

txmarshmonkey 09-20-2004 07:54 PM

Does a string break cause bow or shooter damge, or is that just the cable?
I'm not sure, I wasn't holding the bow when it snapped. I saw that it had problems, so I set it down. When I checked it this afternoon, it had snapped.

BowHuntingFool 09-20-2004 08:27 PM

That sucks! Mine snapped thursday night! I had just set the bow down next to me and boom it snapped. Freaked me out big time! I dialed mine back in pretty quickly! Shoot shoot shoot!

zak123 09-20-2004 08:30 PM

I had a $60 mistake. I dragged a broadhead across one of my strings![:@]

drstalker 09-20-2004 08:37 PM

I would get a good 450 plus string and shoot a couple hundred shots.It's rteally not that big of a deal.I build my own and the 450 doesn't creep too much at all especially when shot in.

hunter25 09-21-2004 06:37 AM

Seems like something always happens 1-2 weeks to me every season. Although not a big deal at all, the rubber tubing for my peep sight broke last night...and didn't have any extra in the tackle box. Could have been worse, but it kept me from practicing last night...oh well.

txmarshmonkey, glad it was only the string...I guess it could have been a limb or something...good luck to ya!

adams 09-21-2004 06:49 AM

Have you though about a winners choice string. I'd look for something pre stretched or low stretch so you can get it tuned back in before the season. Most importantly IMO os to get a string on asap and get some shots through it.

Crazystups 09-21-2004 08:34 AM

I have question about string breaks...someone told me a while back that bows are very dangerous and bows are under alot over pressure. So if a string breaks it could hurt you...