Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Snuff Dippers Reminder >

Snuff Dippers Reminder

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Snuff Dippers Reminder

Old 09-17-2004, 12:59 PM

Default Snuff Dippers Reminder

Just a reminder to all you snuff dippers on stand. Make sure you take your morining dip well before you climb on your stand if your anything like me it is a sure fire morning laxative. Have forgot before and ruined many morning hunts having to come down and take care of business. So if your going to dip on stand get the first one out of the way before you leave the house.
Old 09-17-2004, 01:12 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Snuff Dippers Reminder

Amen there brother. Fortunatly, after a 23 year habit which got to a can and a half a day the past 5 years, I'm on week 17 chew less and couldn't feel better. QUIT IF YOU CAN. Taz.
Old 09-17-2004, 01:16 PM

That's awesome Tazi!

Quitting isn't easy but you're well on your way. I quit smoking back in 2000. It's tough but stick with it.
Old 09-17-2004, 01:49 PM
Typical Buck

I like to throw one in when I'm going to hunt in the AM right when I wake up so it takes affect and I can thoroughly relieve myself and enjoy a pleasant morning in the stand. I hate having to poop while I'm in the stand....horrible feeling and can ruin a hunt. [&:] I do not dip while I'm in the stand however.
Old 09-17-2004, 03:17 PM
Fork Horn

Ok, so where does the snuff fit into the sent free program? Why not just poo right off of your stand, it may be a better cover sent. Can a deer tell the diference in human poo and say anthing else? It may depend on what you ate for breakfast. I seen a discusion a while back on peeing. Everybody had a different opinion. I probally would not want any smells around. I would not want to ruin a hunt either with the poo up there in the tree with me either.[:'(]
Old 09-18-2004, 10:16 PM

congrats on quiting
Old 09-19-2004, 01:22 PM
Typical Buck

taz I know how you feel I quit almost ten years ago tried a dip last year and man did I get dizzy
Old 09-20-2004, 11:03 AM

I've tried to quit several times, but no such luck. It's getting to be too much money and I'm tired of hearing the wife nag me about it. The more she nags the more desire I have to get a dip.

What are your quitter secrets?

On the other hand about scent. I was on the ground last night and was into about 5 hour of seeing nothing. I opened up the can to refresh and as soon as I put it back in the bag three does came out. Go figure!
Old 09-20-2004, 04:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Why not just poo right off of your stand,
Had to do that once...........outta a fixed wooden stand though.......couldnt wait![] I wait till i get in the woods, nothing like a big dump in the morning and the fresh air blowing on your twig and berries!!!LMAO!!

Old 09-20-2004, 05:16 PM

ORIGINAL: TURKEY FAN

Why not just poo right off of your stand,
Had to do that once...........outta a fixed wooden stand though.......couldnt wait![] I wait till i get in the woods, nothing like a big dump in the morning and the fresh air blowing on your twig and berries!!!LMAO!!

Have done it before but prefer toilet and paper. lol

Quick Reply: Snuff Dippers Reminder

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.