Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Who as actually taken a deer with a bow? >

Who as actually taken a deer with a bow?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Who as actually taken a deer with a bow?

Old 09-17-2004, 07:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Who as actually taken a deer with a bow?

Not only do i shoot 3-6 deer a year with my bow, and some turkeys, but i write the story of the hunt of each animal i have harvested and keep track of how many animals i have killed from deer to pheasant
Old 09-17-2004, 07:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have taken somewhere between i guess 30-40+ I really don`t know? i have been bowhunting sence i was around 14yrs old. But sence then i have taken 2 P&Y`s also i have 5 eight points 3 nine points one 10 point and a bunch of 7, 6 and smaller. I have nine mounted on the wall in my house and garage all taken with a bow and many other types of game ect.ect. I like deer meat and so does my family and friends as far as it is with taking does i have no idea a lot!! I don`t mean to sound like i am bragging becouse i know there are lot of folks on here and every where else that has taken bigger and more than i have but as far as numbers go`s i really have no idea. I learned to love bowhunting as a young man and i think i love it even more today! and i am trying to pass on my passion and love of the sport to my son who is nine and looking for his first this yr. Good luck to every one this yr. and be safe. rta47
Old 09-17-2004, 08:10 AM

I've never tallied all the deer I've shot but I'm somewhere in the mid 20's. I'd guess the number at 23 or 24. Until a couple years ago it was only legal to take 1 a year in Maine and in New Hampshire. Now with the extended season in Maine I can shoot 2 bucks and virtually unlimited doe. 3-4 deer a year is the limit for me. I don't care to kill more then mu family can eat.
Old 09-17-2004, 08:28 AM
Typical Buck

I have. But only whitetails. Would like to get a bear, antelope, and Elk for starters. But for now I'll have to stick with Whitetails. Oh, and eastern Turkeys. Do those count?

Yep, I have. Count me in. Course been doing this for 31 years.
Old 09-17-2004, 08:30 AM
Boone & Crockett

I have killed about two three a year for about 15 years. My son will hopefully get his first this year.
Old 09-17-2004, 08:42 AM

Haven't shot one with my bow, but I have shot one with an arrow....[&:]

I have killed 3 deer and one turkey with a bow, and I just started last year. Hopefully it will only get better.
Old 09-17-2004, 08:43 AM

Incredible amount of success on this board, but, the takers usually chime in first. Come on guys.....now who hasn't had success or much yet?

I did however, underestimate the quantities of individual deer taken. Amazing.
Old 09-17-2004, 09:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Man, I'm surprised by the numbers here, especially the 10-20 per year. I wouldn't be able to find people to eat that much venison if I tried.

I've shot 7 deer w/ a bow in 7 years of bow hunting. For most of my hunting life the limit was 1 per year. MN is a lot more liberal w/ the limits the last few years.

I shot 3 (2 w/ gun) last year and I gave one to a buddy and still have about 20 pounds of meat left. Season starts tomorrow I better get eating!
Old 09-17-2004, 10:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Started bowhunting in 1990. First two years were a lot of misses. After that I have taken ten deer all bucks plus two groundhogs. This year I will take a doe cause I am in a earn-a buck area. I started getting pickier after a few years and quality is now put at a higher premium than quanity.........Dabow
Old 09-17-2004, 10:28 AM

I have killed 5 does and 3 bucks in the past 5 or 6 years with a bow.

Quick Reply: Who as actually taken a deer with a bow?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.