Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 PA natives, Question.. >

PA natives, Question..

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

PA natives, Question..

Old 09-16-2004, 07:15 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: PA natives, Question..

I like to hunt hard the first week due to the pressue that comes in later days here in central PA. I must admit that I've seen better bucks hunting the rut, but more hunters occupy the smaller tracts of ground that otherwise are left undisturbed early on in the season. More ground gets posted each year which plays into my reasoning a bit too.

Wishful thinking on my part, hoping to catch Mr. Big head in a good mood on day one. At least 5 other people aren't bumping him around the same woodlot. After a year off, I'm good and ready to get back in the woods, even if my chances at the big'uns is a bit less.
Old 09-17-2004, 11:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

I sent you a couple of PM's about Lucinda!
Old 09-17-2004, 12:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've stopped at Landers' store a few times long ago. Mostly I just blast through town. Hehehe....
Old 09-17-2004, 01:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Lander's and Rod's! The epicenter of Lucinda! Where are you heading going North on 66? Let me take a half educated guess....Marienville, or thereabouts?
Old 09-17-2004, 01:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

No man.

I'm headed for no man's land. Highland Township!
Old 09-17-2004, 01:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey there! I graduated from Clarion University a couple years ago and spent a lot of time in my stand when I should have been in class. [:-]

Unless you can get a chance to pattern the deer in the pre-season, I would say hunt the rut. I spent alot of my off time figuring out when and where the deer were moving while still on their normal patterns.

And besides that... There is nothing better than a Clarion autumn. I wish I still lived up there. Anyhow, If you decide that you will be hunting clarion the first weekend. Drop me a PM, as that's where I will be for the opener.!!!!! Maybe we can meet up at the Loomis or University Inn and grab a drink or two. (Remember though.... The first week of PA archery also coinsides with the last weekend of Autumn Leaf Festival in clarion. That means a ton of drunkin college kids wondering around town. Just FYI.)
Old 09-17-2004, 04:41 PM

I've hunted Northeast Pa for 23 years and there is no doubt that the best bowhunting is from Oct 28 - Nov 10. Early season is great because its the first you can get out since last year but the big bucks won't be seen like they will in November........
Old 09-17-2004, 05:59 PM

hey livbucks, thanks for all the advice on muzzleloaders last week, by the way i got both an in-line and a flintlock, ironically last weekend i went to a local gun bash here and won two guns, i picked the optima camo nickel, put a simmons 3-9 scope on it can't wait to get out this coming week to shoot it. and i also won a t/c firestorm flintlock too, i was estactic. anyhow where in highland township, i hunt there too, owl's nest area, have you heard of it?
Old 09-17-2004, 06:32 PM

Wait until the height of the rut!!!!
Old 09-17-2004, 08:44 PM

Personally, I've had the best luck the first week of archery. My next choice would be the first week of November. I've just seen more bucks the first week of November than the second week. You might want to ask yourself what habitat does your camp have? If it's near food then the first week might be better. If it holds does then November would be better.

Quick Reply: PA natives, Question..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.