Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Nuge: Boiler room but no blood on arrow??? >

Nuge: Boiler room but no blood on arrow???

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Nuge: Boiler room but no blood on arrow???

Old 09-16-2004, 05:09 AM
Typical Buck

Default Nuge: Boiler room but no blood on arrow???

Did anyone see the Spirit of the Wild show about 2 wks ago where he appeared to have made a perfect shot, just behind the shoulder and in the lower 1/4 to 1/3. It looked perfect and he thought so too. When he inspected the arrow, there was not a spec of blood on it. Ted was shocked, said he would re-review the video and figure out what happened. He said the arrow appeared to have guts on it. He left the buck overnight and tracked it the next day. Blood was very spotty but he found it.

Unfortunately, he never revealed the problem with the shot. I watched the clip in slow motion several times and can't figure out what went wrong. It looks perfect.

By the way, for the record, I really don't watch this fruity show. We had hurricanes coming so I taped a long stretch of shows on the VCR so I would have something to watch when the cable went out, and this was one of them in the time slot. lol

This was one of his more peculiar shows, stating the audience should stay right there or he will come spank every one of our money's. He then went on to say he was going to get naked and hump some cactus b/c it's his job. I don't know how he calls that a kids show/camp.
Old 09-16-2004, 07:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Nuge: Boiler room but no blood on arrow???

Ted comes across as a real nut case. In reality he's a stand up guy that you could trust to stay with your wife while you were out of town, (I think, I wouldn't try it though). He's one of those guys that says wacky things to be funny, not realizing others might not think it is. He doesn't put on a front, a genuine person.

Anyway, I think the shot went through the briskit. I've seen shots there and it sounds about right. When a deer has it's front leg extended you can sometimes goof and mistakenly hit there by aiming behind the leg and shooting too low. A yucky shot to be sure.
Old 09-16-2004, 07:55 AM

Hats of for Ted. He's the type of guy who'd pick up his arrow, looks at it and tells the camera something went wrong. No attempt to cover up a bad shot or bs his way through it by smiling to the camera and saying "double lung, can you believe that shot". IMO admitting something went wrong dose more good for the sport and teaches newer hunters better then the old deer switcharoo. I hate nothing more then seeing someone blow a shot at a good 10 and they walk up on a small 8 and hi five each other. Do they think we're that stupid[:'(]

Way to go Ted. He knew something wasn't right, he didn't push the animal and recovered it the following morning. That's text book bow hunting. Ted has earned my respect
Old 09-16-2004, 09:43 AM

Listen to some of his music and watch his "Behind the Music" special on VH1. You wouldn't want to leave him alone with your wife after that.

He is definately a weird guy but at least he isn't afraid to take on an anti if they want to argue.
Old 09-16-2004, 10:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ted comes across as a real nut case. In reality he's a stand up guy that you could trust to stay with your wife while you were out of town, (I think, I wouldn't try it though).
I would not try it either. My wife can handle herself pretty well but Ted is just too much. My wife would just shoot him if he tried anything. I have watched her dump two clips into the center of the target at 20-yards with her 40-S&W. You can cover all twenty rounds with one hand.
If he wanted to leave his wife for me to watch? I could do that.
Old 09-16-2004, 10:32 AM

I thought he acknowledged last year sometime that he had a kid out of wedlock when the woman went public. I hated to hear that. It was on the local radio station's news bits area. I wouldn't trust him with my wife, but at least he is out there fighting with regard to hunting and guns, etc.
Old 09-16-2004, 10:39 AM

Here's the link. Very unfortunate bad behavior by one of the most outspoken folks out there.

[link]http://www.eonline.com/News/Items/0,1,13559,00.html[/link]
Old 09-16-2004, 11:29 AM
Boone & Crockett

Livbucks that's about the silliest thing I've read in along time.Ted say's his only vice is being a sex addict. Has had two marriges end in divorce because of infidelity.Has been paying child support for a kid that he had 8 years ago,cheated on Shemane and has never seen the child.

You want two buy some ocean front property I have in Minnesota?
Old 09-16-2004, 11:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Livbucks that's about the silliest thing I've read in along time.Ted say's his only vice is being a sex addict. Has had two marriges end in divorce because of infidelity.Has been paying child support for a kid that he had 8 years ago,cheated on Shemane and has never seen the child.
I just love it when I throw out some bait and the largemouths go crazy
Old 09-16-2004, 11:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Let me say that I have been a fan of Nugent's music since I was a kid and believe me, I know what he is....

Quick Reply: Nuge: Boiler room but no blood on arrow???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.