Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Hunting Sunday

Old 09-15-2004, 09:08 AM

Default Hunting Sunday

Here is the scoop. Season opens on Saturday, but due to bad decisions 6 years ago (getting married, anniversary) I will not be able to hunt until Sunday. It is supposed to be 80+ degrees, when the average is about 60-65 here in Wisconsin. This looks to be the hottest day of the week so far. Will the deer be moving? I will be out in my stand before light, but I am just wondering if people think the deer will move all day, or just early AM and late PM. We have had lots of heavy rain the last 2 days, so they have not moved too much.

I will still be out there anyways, just don't want to get my hopes too high that's all. Thanks
Old 09-15-2004, 09:51 AM

Default RE: Hunting Sunday

I prefer to hunt mornings and evening and if there is plenty of water avaiable that might be your best bet. If it were the rut I'd say hunt all day but early season with hot temps I'd just concentrate on sun up and sun down. Just my $0.02 (on hot days I don't know if the deer will move at noon, I'm never in the woods unless it's the rut.)
Old 09-15-2004, 11:08 AM

I agree with adams. Hunt in the morning and evening when temps will probably be a little cooler. Early bow season can be hot; stick with it cause cooler temps will soon be here!!!
Old 09-15-2004, 11:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hunt all day Saturday. Spend Sunday at home with your wife. Do something special for her. You have lots of season left to hunt. One day will not kill you. Spending all day Sunday with the wife will make the rest of the season more pleasent. If you hunt on your anniversary, she will bring it up every chance she gets for the rest of her life.
What on earth were you thinking six years ago when you agreed on the wedding date?
Old 09-15-2004, 11:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Wolfkiller, Is your wife standing over your shoulder as your typing? Bobby
Old 09-15-2004, 11:20 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: 121553

I was thinking the same thing !

Gjpwisconsin ,
I also agree with Adams , make sure to key on those water sources since they'll have to drink more often during hot weather . My anniversary is in April because there's nothing legal to hunt here then besides feral pigs and other varmints .
Old 09-15-2004, 11:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Bobby How did you know? I got married on April-11th. Because spring black bear opens on April-15th.
Old 09-15-2004, 12:30 PM

"make sure to key on those water sources since they'll have to drink more often during hot weather"

I couldn't agree more with Kevin1. Watch those water sources. If it is 10-20 degrees hotter than your average those deer will work up a thirst just lying around.
Old 09-15-2004, 12:39 PM

Thanks for the advice. I will be out bright and early on Sunday morning. Then I will play it by ear if they are moving or not. I definately will be near the water though. I got married before I was a hunter, so I didn't know I chose such a bad date. Mabye I can get divorced and remarried later in the year. The wife should go for that one
Old 09-15-2004, 01:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

Buy her a nice fur coat and give it to her on Saturday and then tell her you'll take her with you Sunday if she wears the coat. The rest of the season will be free to hunt as you wish.

Quick Reply: Hunting Sunday

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.