Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 dose everyone use a stablizer do you notice a diff!!! >

dose everyone use a stablizer do you notice a diff!!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

dose everyone use a stablizer do you notice a diff!!!

Old 09-15-2004, 07:55 AM

Default dose everyone use a stablizer do you notice a diff!!!

Hi guys i was wondering if people use stableizers. i have a hoyt enticer and i have a big 10" stableizer and its heavy so i took it off and i dont notice a difference shooting without it. if i put the bow in my hand without the stablizer and open my palm up it sits perfect dosnt tilt back or forward! Will i notice a better group if i use the stablizer? please let me know thanks

mo
Old 09-15-2004, 08:04 AM

Default RE: dose everyone use a stablizer do you notice a diff!!!

My personal thought is if you didn't notice a diffrence you may want to look at other stabilizers. There are tons of great stabilizers n the market. I've shot a few and really prefer the Sims Modular. It was a bit pricey but it made a very noticeable diffrecne on what I would consider an already quite bow. The length is adjustable by adding or removing mondules which will help you to achieve an optimum balance point with your bow. The deadening qualities of the Sims is great too. After adding it to my bow I could notice a decrese in hand shock.

If you've got a good shop around I'd take your bow in and see if they'll let you shoot a few diffrent models to see what works best for you. Doinker, Stealth, Sims ans many others make great products. What type of bow do you shoot. Others who shoot the same bow may be able to give specific advise on what has worked for them.
Old 09-15-2004, 08:06 AM

I found that just about any stabilizer will straiten out my left and right a bit at long range.
Old 09-15-2004, 08:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don't use one on my Mathews SQ2. I used to but took it off. I don't notice any difference except less weight.
Old 09-15-2004, 08:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

I used to be a fan of shorter 4" stabilizers but I've recently changed over. I'm more comfortable with a little forward weight on my bow and found that an 8" Stealth stabilizer did the trick.
Old 09-15-2004, 08:42 AM

stabilizer did the trick.
I shot a hoyt enticer its a few years old but it does the job. its getting 280 fps so i am really happy with that. If i go with a stablizer what is the main diff I will gain in most cases using a stablizer.
Old 09-15-2004, 08:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

I shoot a stabilizer mostly for it's vibration dampening ability and the fact that it quiets my bow down a lot. For that reason, I shoot a short 4" Doinker that does the trick for me. And yes, there is a very noticeable difference in noise when I shoot with or without it.
Old 09-15-2004, 08:54 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: HNIJustin

I shoot a stabilizer mostly for it's vibration dampening ability and the fact that it quiets my bow down a lot. For that reason, I shoot a short 4" Doinker that does the trick for me. And yes, there is a very noticeable difference in noise when I shoot with or without it.
Same here .
I have a 7" NAP Shock Blocker , and recently bought the Sims Modular to try out . The difference in vibration and noise was noticeable on my recurve .
Old 09-15-2004, 10:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm reading Dave Holt's book Balanced Bowhunting right now and I noticed that in it he says he chooses not to use a stabilizer for the lighter carrying weight. I personally use one but I think that tonight I'm going to try shooting without it and see if there's a noticeable difference.
Old 09-15-2004, 12:56 PM

i have been using a bear archery Xring hydraulic 5" stabilizer for 4 years now and i have taken it off and tried several others, just to see if any difference and i have found that each one has its own ups and downs , i also put a doinker on my daughters bow as it came with 1 of those cobra stabilizers, and my daughter's shooting did improve, IMO any stabilizer that actually pulls the bow down because of weight is more of a hinderence than a help.

Quick Reply: dose everyone use a stablizer do you notice a diff!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.