Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Bowhunter breaks back when "climbing stick" fails. >

Bowhunter breaks back when "climbing stick" fails.

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bowhunter breaks back when "climbing stick" fails.

Old 09-29-2004, 03:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Bowhunter breaks back when "climbing stick" fails.

Part of what you said highdesert wolf was pretty dumb.Part of it true.I wouldn't generalize and call some of us union workers lazy,especially ones like my self that risk our ,lives climbing poles rubber gloving12,000volts for a living, and put youre power lines up in the back yards at 3am in the morning,or aftert a huricane or ice storm You might piss off a few UNION lineman.No it'sdeeper than that,there is greed all the way around.

if you would have read my post thoroughly, you would have read that i was refering to lazy union factory workers. I have no problem with trade type unions electricians, steel workers, carpenters etc you guys are important and productive and deserve your wages. Just someone who works for ford or GM who pulls a lever all day stamping out car doors is not worth 30 dollars an hour. The only problem with some trade union workesr they usually vote for democrats.

I figured my post would have gotten a rise out of some of you, If you are not a union factory worker then I have no problem with ya.
Old 09-29-2004, 03:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds like propaganda to me. Local #1097

Darn UAW, you guys are rock bottom worthless.
Old 09-29-2004, 03:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

I figured my post would have gotten a rise out of some of you, If you are not a union factory worker then I have no problem with ya.
Ooops..maybe this threw a few people off..

Down with unions and the dollar will rise
P.A.C.E. Local 7-0432 here. I guess you have a problem with me?[]
Old 09-29-2004, 03:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thank's Bowfanitic, I couldn't have said it any better IBEW local 196
International brotherhood of electrical workers, you are fine by me. Ex IBEW Local 124
now I am IUOE local 428. Like i said I have no problem with tradesman union workers. just I dont care for UAW or any factory unions
Old 09-29-2004, 04:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Alright it takes man to put his foot in his mouth to hopefully walk away with a little dignity, I dug myself in a hole I cant dig my way out of you guys proved me wrong I'm sorry. Just Im very pissed about all the manufacturing that companies do over seas, I was pointing my finger and blaming over paid lazy factory workers yea thats a generalization and you cant do that because not everyone is like that. I didnt intend to piss anyone off so Im leaving this alone as of now.
Old 09-29-2004, 04:59 AM
Typical Buck

Good man Highdesertwolf.I hate it too.I am a union member and my hall tells us to vote our paycheck(Kerry)I can't do that I have to vote for what my heart says.So back to the topic.Someone mentioned about hanging stands,well you got that right ,that's my most worrysome time too.When the stand is up don't sweat it,but when hanging them you can make mistakes.Last week end I hung three stands,and one of the stand location that I love to hunt,l had the strap twist on me,anyhow it's an API stand and I undid the buckle.What a B1tch I had to remember how the strap went through the buckle while I was hanging up there by a body belt,and an over head teather.It took probably 35 min to figure it out.That was darn near harder than any pole that I ever worked from.
Old 09-29-2004, 08:18 AM
Fork Horn

Can this thread get more off topic? I ask again for the original poster C903 to get people advised on the bad stick. Can you I.D. the faulty piece of trash please?
Old 09-29-2004, 08:33 AM

It is a bad thing to fall from a tree but it is even worse to fall from subject! becarefull in the wood's and use all saftey precaution that you can . I hope the guy that feel recover's ok