Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What do you guys think of my setup?? >

What do you guys think of my setup??

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What do you guys think of my setup??

Old 09-18-2004, 02:49 PM

Default RE: What do you guys think of my setup??

Sounds like a sweet set up
Old 09-18-2004, 04:18 PM
Typical Buck

I like your setup very much... not to mention super good bow tuning getting that kind of fps pulling only 29" at 65 bones. I like your BH choice too... the Rockets have proven themselves time and time again for me. I would however, stay off the shoulder. No need to imagine you're using a 30.06 and 180 grainers whizzing along at 2800 fps. [8D][&:]
Old 09-22-2004, 01:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Come on guys , it's not like any of you wouldn't feel better about your setup if you knew it had the snot to blow thru a shoulder on a shot that missed it's mark by 2 or 3 inches. Theres absolutely nothing wrong with his question. How does that ol' saying go? It's better to have it when you dont need it than to not have it when you need it.

IME , anything above 65ftlbs of kinetic energy for whitetail deer will blow thru a shoulder if your using a reputable broadhead.
Old 09-22-2004, 06:59 AM

My setup produces 75-76 ft/lbs of KE. I feel confident my setup would blow thru a shoulder but avoid it at all costs even if I have to let the animal walk by. I know it happens to all of us at some point but I feel this was a viable question. Also, some broadheads will penetrate deeper than others and that is also a major factor. Bowfanatic makes a strong point..