HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Primos Can Call (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/72396-primos-can-call.html)

kybuck1 09-13-2004 09:19 AM

Primos Can Call

Used one for 2 years now and honestly couldn't say whether it worked or didn't but this year I have used it 4 or 5 times and the does have come to it every time. Just thought I would pass that on[&:]

Rob/PA Bowyer 09-13-2004 09:39 AM

RE: Primos Can Call

That's what we've discussed in the thread posted earlier this past month. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't...it's simply a contact call made by all deer and not an estrous bleat......

You can mimic the call with any adjustable call that makes doe bleats. It's simply a bleat that rises and falls in pitch...try it, it might save you some money on the call itself if you have a call that you can mimic it on.

Angus74 09-13-2004 12:51 PM

Ive used the can for a few years now and im impressed with it,, yes there are times when the deer will ignore it but ive had more positive results with it than any other call.. Last year i got some video footage that looks like a commercial for the can,, I took my 91 year old grandfather out for a hunt since hes not able to get around much by himself,, we had a nice buck skirting the brush across the field from us at about 150 yards.. I dint know if he could shoot that far since he had missed on closer the evening before.. So i starting grunting at him,, hed only look the continue on,, then rattled andhe completely ingored it.. Then i hit the can a couple times, and he turned around and ran in so hard i lost him in the camera for a couple seconds,, he charged in at a dead run and put on the brakes at about 25 yards,, but it was to late grampas first deer in 20 years,, and on video,, ill cherish that forever

PA-BOW-MAN 09-13-2004 01:14 PM

The single greatest call to have in the woods with you. In PA the buck to doe ratio is horrible and I have still called in 12 buck with the can in 2 years. It really works in late october or early november when the bucks are ready but most the doe aren't. I have called in 4 at one time twice with it. I've rattled and grunted for many years with minimal success, the can has improved the number of buck I see by 100%. I would say to anyone that this is a must have in the archery woods and works the entire season.

mahoningbuck 09-13-2004 01:20 PM

I have used them and gotten no response and other times I have had them run in with reckless abondon. Use it during the rut and you will have a producer. With the grunt call or the can I will always use the grunt first.

loanstarhunter 09-13-2004 01:47 PM

I have had no success with mine at all over the past 2 years. It is nice to hear that others have used it with some success. Which model "can" are you using? I have the origional but I know there is a big can and one other smaller.

akaSharkey 09-13-2004 04:05 PM

I use the origional can the medium one. Like has been siad sometimes it works sometimes it doesnt. Personally I have had more action with this call than any other.

Olink 09-13-2004 07:23 PM

Most times I've had a neutral reaction to the can. A few times it has sent a buck packing the other direction. I've NEVER had a deer come into it. In my experience, it belongs in the TRASH CAN.

gamehunter1269 09-14-2004 01:05 PM

i love mine ...called in some last weekend

Woodline Bucks 09-14-2004 01:14 PM

I have used it for a couple of years now. I think at this time of year it is a good call for does and fawns. They seem to be interested in making contact. When the rut starts I like to use it in combination with rattling and grunting. I think it intrigues the buck to see what the ruckus is and what the bucks are fighting over. I have had great luck with this, calling in as many as 7 different bucks in to me in a days time. Everything from 2 year olds to shooters have come in to check it out.