Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 what is your favorite broadhead >

what is your favorite broadhead

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

what is your favorite broadhead

Old 09-12-2004, 01:14 AM

Default what is your favorite broadhead

I like muzzy broadheads but what is your favorite broadhead and size
Old 09-12-2004, 05:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: what is your favorite broadhead

Up until last year all I ever used were 125gr. 3 bladed Wasp Cam-locks. I went to a faster bow and couldn't get them to fly with my field points so I changed to 100gr. Wasp Jak-Hammers. They're awesome.
Old 09-12-2004, 05:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

muzzy, then thunderheads......
Old 09-12-2004, 05:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Bear Razorhead 145's were all I'd used since the late 70's, last year I went to expandables and both did the job.

I liked the bears a little better in case I hit a bone...but the expandables worked fine on 3 deer last year.

Of the 40+ deer I've killed with a bow, (not bragging, showing my age LOL)I've only had a couple where the broadhead really mattered at all. If you hit them squarely through both lungs, 90% of the time they aren't going out of sight. If you're shooting a recurve or longbow, the broadhead becomes more important in my opinion.
Old 09-12-2004, 07:21 AM
Boone & Crockett

Without a doubt my favorite broadhead is the Muzzy 100 grain 3 blade.

There are a tremendous amount of great quality heads on the market today. Most you'll never have a problem with but....the key to success is sharp blades. Use the one shot rule: One shot and they are done as a hunting head unless the blades are either sharpened or replaced, period....don't practice with them and use them unless the blades are sharpened or replaced.
Old 09-12-2004, 08:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

I really like several differeent b-heads but my all-time fav is the Rocket Steelhead 100.
Old 09-12-2004, 09:20 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have relied on Rocket heads since 1997 almost exclusively.......my favorites are the Sidewinder 3&4 blade, and the Miniblaster or what they now call the Slammerhead. (I was making these for a few years before they started marketing them)
I like the med to larger cutting diameter mechs due to a general year in and year out above average KE level on my set-ups.
Old 09-12-2004, 09:26 AM
Fork Horn

I am a big fan of the vortex 125's with 2-3/4 cut.
For a fixed head I will try thunderhead 100's for my first bonus tag.
They shoot with my fieldpoints at 40 yards and were free so I will try them.
Old 09-12-2004, 09:29 AM
Typical Buck

I love my 85 gr Thunderheads
Old 09-12-2004, 12:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Having been Bowhunting 48 years I have used many over the years BUT since they came on the market in the 70s I have always used the Rocky Mountain in a 3 blade. I used the Razors mostly & the Premier & now the Ironhead (always 125gr). I have taken Whitetail, Mule deer, Elk, Black Bear, Caribou, Buffalo & many Exotics with these heads. I recently released a video on Exotic & hog Bowhunting & of all the animals I have ever Bowhunted have come to believe the Wild Hog is by far the toughest. These heads have done an excellent job for me BUT, shot placement is always the most important. Good Luck in whatever you choose.

Quick Reply: what is your favorite broadhead

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.