Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Vapor Arrows??

Old 09-08-2004, 10:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Vapor Arrows??

Does anyone used these arrows and if so what did you think? How did they check out for straightness and consitency?
Old 09-08-2004, 05:02 PM

Default RE: Vapor Arrows??

I use 'em and I like 'em. I haven't had any problems with them. Not real sure on the specs but they always hit where I aim them,......I just don't always aim where I want to hit.[:@]
Old 09-08-2004, 06:01 PM

I bought a dozen Blackhawk Vapor ACA 4000s a while back and have decided to hunt with them. They seem to be very well made. I've knocked vanes off them, removed arrow wraps, cleaned them up, installed new wraps and vanes and they still seem to shoot well. Also, the finish on them (mine are black) seems to hold up well and makes removal of arrow wraps easier than other arrows I own.

I recently had a half dozen Muzzy 3-blades tuned on them and all were very, very close to perfectly straight before tuning. One is absolutely perfect (according to the gauge).

At $47 a dozen (current eBay price for shafts) they are a bargain as well.
Old 09-08-2004, 06:19 PM
Fork Horn

I got a dozen for this year and like them, there are my first carbons i've shot so i really have nothing else to compare them too.
Old 09-08-2004, 06:33 PM

I switche dto them also this year from the terminator selects from last year and will not look back. They are a great made arrow and hold up nicely
Old 09-08-2004, 07:30 PM

I hunted with them last year. I only bought them because I got a good deal at Gander Mountain. I've shot a lot of different arrows (my friends say I'm the consumer reports of archery) and they hold up better than anything I've ever shot. Last year my friend and I were siting in my bow with a new site in his basement; for some reason he said check your 35 yard pin and for some reason I listened. I shot a foot over his bag target and stuck the arrow in the block in his basement wall, I never shot that arrow again but it looked fine. I think any less of an arrow would have self destructed for sure.
Old 09-08-2004, 07:50 PM

How far away were you shooting from? I couldnt see any carbon arrow surviving a hit from a concrete wall. I watched a hunt on Primos Truth about Hunting and one guy hit a limb on the way down and his arrow blew into a bunch of pieces. I personally shoot Goldtips and I've hit some branches but never had an arrow break. Rocks on the other hand will shatter them in a second. My point is that goldtips are extremely durable and I don't think they could survive a concrete wall.
Old 09-08-2004, 07:52 PM

The vapor blacks are straight to .003" and i believe the weight tolerance is +-.001.I just ordered a dozen from eders and paid 85.00 for them.I had em fletched with 3" 3d duravanes and cresting,with field points. Cut to length with inserts installed.
Old 09-08-2004, 08:13 PM

I have used the Vapors for 3 years now. They are by far the best arrow I have ever used. They are all carbon construction for great performance. They have a four color logo on a 32.5 inch charcoal black finish. The Pro's have a +/-.0018 straightness tolerance at 32.5 inches. +/- 2.5 grain weight tolerance per dozen. The 3000's are 7.9 GPI, 4000's 8.9 GPI, and 5000's 9.2 GPI. Here is the best place I have found for price. Archery Experts
Old 09-08-2004, 08:46 PM

How far away were you shooting from? I couldnt see any carbon arrow surviving a hit from a concrete wall. I watched a hunt on Primos Truth about Hunting and one guy hit a limb on the way down and his arrow blew into a bunch of pieces. I personally shoot Goldtips and I've hit some branches but never had an arrow break. Rocks on the other hand will shatter them in a second. My point is that goldtips are extremely durable and I don't think they could survive a concrete wall.
I was about 20 yards away. It was a flukey thing too, because you would think that the arrow would bounce off the wall, but it didn't. The arrow actually stuck in the block. Granted I forgot to mention I wasn't firing it out of my Bowtech; I was shooting my Martin Jaguar at the time.

Quick Reply: Vapor Arrows??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.