Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Deer Sense Curiosity Sticks >

Deer Sense Curiosity Sticks

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Deer Sense Curiosity Sticks

Old 09-07-2004, 12:44 PM
Typical Buck

Default Deer Sense Curiosity Sticks

Has anyone tried these things yet and if so, what's been your experience with them? I'm considering picking some of the curiosity sticks up for the early season but they're a tad expensive to just throw in the cart without some positive testimony.

Any thoughts?

Fritz
Old 09-07-2004, 12:48 PM

Default RE: Deer Sense Curiosity Sticks

what are they?? never heard of 'em
Old 09-07-2004, 12:56 PM
Typical Buck

It's like incense for deer: http://www.deerquest.com/
Old 09-07-2004, 01:47 PM

I have never used that specific brand before, but I did use the Tinks scent sticks before. I had good luck with them in the early season, the does seemed to like them. I shot 2 does last year that had there noses almost right on the scent sticks. As the season went on though I had less deer come into them, the rest of the deer must have gotten the memo that those things were trouble...
Old 09-07-2004, 02:38 PM
Fork Horn

WHAT memo? the tinks stuff is still working strong early season.. it doesnt last much longer than that. gotten more than a hand full of doe's ranging from lots of different places using tinks...

i dunno about this other stuff though woudl be currious to see if its teh same thing essentially...
Old 09-07-2004, 03:41 PM
Typical Buck

Thanks for the replies guys. I guess I'll give them a try since I'm always tempted to put out sex scent too early.

Questions:

What do they recommend burning these in. I know they make a "smoker", but they hinted at plans to build your own. What's it consist of?

Have any of you deployed these from a tree stand before? I see myself getting situated in the pitch black darkness of the morning, then wanting to set this up after a couple hours. Any tips on how I could safely do this?

Thanks!

Fritz
Old 09-07-2004, 07:41 PM

I have used the deer sense sticks for many years.They were actually the 1st on the market for this type of scent about 10-12 years ago.Tinks came along a few years later.I have had good luck with these sticks just prior to rut time and on through rut.I have never had a mature buck come into these that I am aware of,but many does and young bucks.

I have had them just about touch their noses to it and also squatted and pee'd almost on top of the sticks.When they first came out I dont remember them recommending anything over top like the smoker can you talk about,but they do now,however I still just clear a spot in the soil and light em up.
Old 09-07-2004, 09:02 PM

I used them with no luck.
Old 09-07-2004, 09:30 PM
Fork Horn

I used them a couple years ago with no luck. When I used the sticks, I did not see one deer. It was weird because I had deer come in most every day when I didn't use them, but nothing when I did use them. Needless to say, I haven't bought anymore.
Old 09-07-2004, 10:35 PM
Typical Buck

I have used deer sense too before.The thing they recomend is a simple five gallon bucket drilled out with a few holes about 1 inch.I have had luck with them but haven't thought to use them in a couple of years.You will want to put them in ziplock bags though because they really do reek,and will make you smell like deer piss or tarsal glands,the apple scent smells pretty darn good though.Yeah deer sense has been out for a few years now,they also make them for bear hunting too.Bill D>

Quick Reply: Deer Sense Curiosity Sticks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.