Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

@#$% Coyotes.

Old 09-07-2004, 09:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: @#$% Coyotes.

Not many coyotes here yet...but if they begin to show themselves...I got a Scorpion XP with their name on it. [>:]
Old 09-08-2004, 07:43 AM
Fork Horn

I shoot 'em if I get a chance. Last year shot two with my bow and one with the T-C Omega. When I was young we often rounded up the pickups and CB's to hunt coyotes. Now hardly anyone hunts them. Thus, the population has gone crazy. I have seen more of them lately than you could imagine. Every morning and evening in the stand they start their serenade.

Nice job texasaggie.
Old 09-08-2004, 09:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

To truly enjoy hunting is to compete with ALL elements.
So you're defining what "enjoyment" is for the entire hunting population
So you're sure that I can't truly enjoy hunting without competing against ALL elements[8D]
I am glad that you told me because up until now I was pretty sure that I could[&:][8D]

Coyotes are just like any other animal. If their populations gets out of control then it throws the ecosystem out of whack. Humans are their only predator we need to do our part to keep the population in check. I don't want to see coyotes extincted but I don't want to see them over populating and reaking havoc on other game species populations. Therfore, I will continue to do my part to see that they do not, every chance I get.
Coyotes are so smart and elusive that you can bet that you only see a very small percentage of the ones that use your property and shot oppurtunties are far less than that. Given the limited number of encounters that most hunters are afforded, it is in everyones best interest to harvest a coyote every oppurtunity we get. Not to mention, the benfefits we provide to farmers and ranchers via decreased livestock loss. Obviously, it is most all hunters best interest to benefit your landlord or surrounding landowners whenever possible.
Old 09-08-2004, 09:20 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: silentassassin
Given the limited number of encounters that most hunters are afforded, it is in everyones best interest to harvest a coyote every oppurtunity we get. Not to mention, the benfefits we provide to farmers and ranchers via decreased livestock loss. Obviously, it is most all hunters best interest to benefit your landlord or surrounding landowners whenever possible.
dont forget the smaller DOMESTICATE pets that are killed almost every other weekend it seems! but they are adapting and doing what they were ment to do. scavenge when required and kill when nessicary
Old 09-08-2004, 09:27 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: c903

I wonder what the coyotes think of us as they hunt to survive in their domain while we intrude to hunt mainly for entertainment and trophies?
File this one under "Who cares? " .
'Yotes that cross my path once don't usually get a second opportunity to do so . Bizarrely enough , my state has a designated season for these vermin ! [&:]
Old 09-08-2004, 09:29 AM
CG

I've witnessed coyotes kill an area's entire antelope fawn crop in less than 3 months. Well over 100 fawns. G&F confirmed it. 10 square miles=ZERO fawn antelope. No sign of disease, just predation.

I have more respect for coyotes than just about any other animal because of what they have and can survive. Amazing animals. But in their current numbers around here they are devastating on the ecosystem.
Old 09-08-2004, 09:37 AM

Every fall I like to hunt yotes'. Its is as challenging as anything. When I do get a yote' I take him to a fur trader a get a little gas money. They are very hard to hunt. I have a healthy population around my area.

here is a picture from last week. This pic was the first one on the roll. It was about 10 min after I left. If he comes back in a couple weeks, I hope I can get him.

Old 09-08-2004, 10:06 AM
Spike

Because they are equal to the New York City sewer rat. They have rabies and mange throughout and they are freaken worthless. We dont need them to take out the moles and mice, we have fox and bobcat doin that. They serve no purpose for a better environment in PA. I see them chasing deer all the time while spotlighting. I am not competing with them, they kill fawns and peoples pets , I kill mature doe and buck. "Some things are better off extinct"....
ORIGINAL: farm hunter

I'm with c903 - Why shouldn't we be thrilled to have them around? We have quite a few too, and alot of deer. I've seen where they've killed a couple - and consider myself lucky for the experiences I've had with them.

I'd take one with a bow in a heartbeat - but as a worthy trophy - not as some second-rate, sorry-ass excuse for an animal some as you portray them to be?

I'd like to hear some of the reasons people hate/fear them so.........

post away.
Old 09-08-2004, 10:31 AM
Boone & Crockett

Just something else to put an arrow through......here's one I took out of my favorite bowstand.......a nice trophy taken with a bow, after this one I killed one with my shotgun coming to my spring turkey calling and later that fall I shot one with a .270 out of the same stand as this pictured yote. They are very hard on deer no doubt and I'll shoot everyone I see as a challange.

Old 09-08-2004, 06:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Because they are equal to the New York City sewer rat. They have rabies and mange throughout and they are freaken worthless. We dont need them to take out the moles and mice, we have fox and bobcat doin that. They serve no purpose for a better environment in PA
Sounds like you could be describing racoons, skunks, oppossum, or any of several other local animals. What makes a coyote so much more hated? I just don't understand - coyotes are quite deserving of our respect in my book - at least they have mine.

Quick Reply: @#$% Coyotes.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.