Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Outhouse or Doghouse >

Outhouse or Doghouse

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Outhouse or Doghouse

Old 09-06-2004, 08:38 PM

Default RE: Outhouse or Doghouse

Do not get the Outhouse for bowhunting. I bought one and tried it. I had to stick my arm out the back window to my armpit to keep my bow from smacking the blind with the top limb when I released. This was while sitting down. I took it back and bought the Hunters View Wig Wam, it was only $50 at Walmart last year.
Old 09-07-2004, 07:29 AM

I just went through this myself, Im 6'7".
Look at the Brickhouse by ameristep. I can stand and shoot with it and the cost isnt to bad.
Old 09-07-2004, 07:32 AM
Boone & Crockett

As the others have stated the Outhouse is too narrow to successfully shoot a bow out of. The Doghouse is much wider though you are going to have to sit to shoot. The Doghouse TSC is even better in that regard because it is 8 inches wider. If you want an Ameristep blind that you can shoot standing up in then the Penthouse is probably your best bet though it sells for around $150.

Hope this helps.
Old 09-07-2004, 08:07 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: wrongway

Do not get the Outhouse for bowhunting. I bought one and tried it. I had to stick my arm out the back window to my armpit to keep my bow from smacking the blind with the top limb when I released. This was while sitting down. I took it back and bought the Hunters View Wig Wam, it was only $50 at Walmart last year.
I had the same problem shooting a bow in mine ,
so I bought an open topped blind for bow hunting . I'll miss the rain protection . I still gun hunt from the Outhouse though .