Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Outhouse or Doghouse >

Outhouse or Doghouse

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Outhouse or Doghouse

Old 09-05-2004, 09:18 AM
Typical Buck

Default Outhouse or Doghouse

I'm looking at both of Ameristep's ground blinds. I like the size of the Doghouse, but not the height! Will the 68" be tall enough? I'm 6-2. The outhouse is 78" tall I think. However, it seems much smaller overall!

I went to Basspro yesterday but they didn't have either set up.

Does anyone have any input on these two blinds. Do I need to extra height of the outhouse, or should I go with the overall size if the Doghouse. I'm torn. I think I want to Doghouse but I am concerned about the height of it. Let me know. Thanks in advance.

Jay
Old 09-05-2004, 02:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Outhouse or Doghouse

I would go with the doghouse. The outhouse is way to crowded.
Old 09-05-2004, 05:11 PM
Fork Horn

I love my doublebull!!
Old 09-05-2004, 11:25 PM
Typical Buck

doublebull......Forget it!!!! Not even a consideration.
Old 09-06-2004, 12:33 AM

I love my two doghouse blinds. I killed three deer out of it last year here in GA. I have to shoot sitting down though. I just ran across a blind that I am sure you are looking for. It is the Lodge by Hunter's View. It is 7'6" tall with a 7'x7' floor. And you can find it on the internet for $80.00. The link is http://www.sportsmansguide.com/cb/cb.asp?a=88595.
Old 09-06-2004, 07:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: justhrowit

I'm looking at both of Ameristep's ground blinds. I like the size of the Doghouse, but not the height! Will the 68" be tall enough? I'm 6-2. The outhouse is 78" tall I think. However, it seems much smaller overall!

I went to Basspro yesterday but they didn't have either set up.

Does anyone have any input on these two blinds. Do I need to extra height of the outhouse, or should I go with the overall size if the Doghouse. I'm torn. I think I want to Doghouse but I am concerned about the height of it. Let me know. Thanks in advance.

Jay

Jay,

Are you looking for a blind that you can stand up and shoot from? That's something that you need to think about. 68" = 5 1/2 ft. I'm sure that'd be plenty for you kneeling down and for sitting.
Old 09-06-2004, 08:23 AM
Typical Buck

Jeramy,

Yes...that is my man concern. Although I don't mind kneeling while sitting, but would rather stand. Thats what I like about the outhouse. However, the doghouse has some room to stretch out.

Derslar, thanks for the link. That may be the blind I will get. I will do some camparing. Good price and looks big enough all around. Only it doesn't have shoot through windows...but oh well.

Jay
Old 09-06-2004, 10:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have the outhouse and I can't bow hunt out of it for nothing. It is too crowded. there is not even enough room to pull my bow back while kneeling. There is no way to stand up and pull it back.
Old 09-06-2004, 11:02 AM

i just bought the doghouse tsc. i like it a lot. for kneeling its fine. my friend had one so thats what sold me.
Old 09-06-2004, 06:24 PM
RPL

I own the Dog House. Anything smaller than this one, would be about impossible to draw a bow in. I carry a small three legged folding stool whenever I use the blind.

Quick Reply: Outhouse or Doghouse

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.