Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Awesome trail cam pic!! >

Awesome trail cam pic!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Awesome trail cam pic!!

Old 09-03-2004, 08:30 AM

Default RE: Awesome trail cam pic!!

Almost fell for that one
Old 09-03-2004, 08:42 AM

Totally 100% FAKE!
Old 09-03-2004, 08:55 AM

These pics, along with 9 others of elk and deer, were sent to me last month before they started making the rounds on the net, and were posted on my site as "courtisy of Dave Stevens after they started popping up with no credits for the author. Is it real or a fake? there will be as many openions as there are folks out there. The pics were taken at a lower resolution where it would be virtually impossible for most software to pick up telltail signs. I reviewed the pic pretty closely and did not pick up on any true smoking guns. If there are some, I'd be more than ameable to observe them.
Old 09-03-2004, 09:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

I was compairing the pic of the mountain lion and deer,and the elk and cat aussie guy sent us and it is not real.The cat has the exact same stance in both pics.The deer in the first pic seems a little long or is it just the way im looking at it.Also another thing i noticed was the deer and elk boddies are cut between the tree line.If ya look closly you will see a black line between the deer body and tree and the same as the elk pic.
T_in_PA2 said the elk pic was photoshopped,and a damn nice job at it but I think the deer pic was to.
But thank you for sharing the pics,it really gets your mind wondering dosn't it
Old 09-03-2004, 09:47 AM

I agree on the elk, as it was never sent to me, and I had never seen it before. As for the deer, I still just can't say for sure. I did add some qualifying verbage to the pics on my website though. In the event I do become certain, the pic will be deleated.
Old 09-03-2004, 09:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

That's amazing, I took this one in my backyard last night.

Old 09-03-2004, 12:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

No I haven't seen that pic before ,but that's the best pic I've seen this year or any other year as far as I'm concerned.

nubo
Old 09-03-2004, 02:56 PM

Cats are very clean, and will usaully clean themselves after they have fed. I dunno if this one got that deer, but it was surely close and possibly could have killed it, ate some of it and covered the rest for later. Then cleaned itself up and went to make sure it's territory was secure.

Blood on the mouth or body isn't evidential when it comes to big cats, they clean themselves up after they eat. Maybe for Coyotes or Wolves?
Old 09-03-2004, 06:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

I've heard of this one too........suppossedly the deer,cat, and elk were all taken from the same camera at different times. Single animal in each picture, and the different combos were made up in a photo editing software program.
Would be pretty easy to do too since the camera is absolutely stationary, and a flash is pretty consistent in a totally dark environment.....just match or "clone" one section to the other.

I say........neat area of the world anyway.
Old 09-16-2004, 07:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

bump

Quick Reply: Awesome trail cam pic!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.