Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Can Call

Old 09-03-2004, 09:52 AM

Default RE: Can Call

I can't say for sure I have called any deer in with it but I have used it on deer I have already saw and it seems to get their attention, sometimes they came closer sometimes they didn't.
Old 09-03-2004, 10:07 AM
Fork Horn

In the prerut I've had success with the can. Early season I've actually had does come, must think its a weird doe or maybe a lost fawn, don't really know.
Old 09-03-2004, 11:44 AM

It is just like every other call. There are times when it works good and times when it seems like a waste of time. I have used it and called deer right in. The next time they just look in the direction and don't respond any other way at all. I will say that every deer I have called to when they were in sight do at least look in the direction.

I carry two types of can calls, rattling antlers, and grunt tube.
Old 09-03-2004, 08:51 PM

i used the primos big can 3 different time last year i brought home a 4point with my bow the first time i used it the very next day i called in what i guesed would be a VA state record muzzeloader deer and my muzzeloader misfired on a huge 12 point typical with about a 24 to 27 inch spread and the fallowing saterday me and my dad got in the woods at 6:55am and at 7:00am the buck was on the ground a nice 6 point with a 17inch spread (i was doing the calling)
Old 09-04-2004, 05:42 AM

I called in a nice little 6 pointer last year with it, let him walk, hope he is around this year!

I really like my can call, seems to work good for me. Not 100% of the time, but then again not to many things work 100% of the time.
Old 09-04-2004, 10:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've used one for the last 2 years and have never had any deer respond to it. A few have looked my way over the last 2 years, but none headed towards me. Since the call now has decided to shorten the bleat sound to a sharp 1/3rd of a second sound, I won't be giving it a third year to prove itself. I did call in numerous bucks last year with regular tube bleat and grunt calls.
Old 09-04-2004, 05:58 PM
Typical Buck

I have been using this call for years.Long before Primos brought out their version Quaker boy had their version.On one hunt I had a hot doe in the area and had seen her being chased.I called in five bucks at the same time.The big problem was now there was to many deer and I was on the ground.I also used it to call in a 156 5/8 typical 12 pointer that remains on my wall.
Old 09-05-2004, 04:52 AM
Boone & Crockett

I had the little can untill rain ruined it. Seems water will make it not work. Did call in a one antlered six point. Used it a coule times and that one time was the only response I got from it. Could have been no deer within hearing range through as I was hunting residental. The one response came from public land. Will proablly buy another this year and do my best to keep it dry.
Old 09-05-2004, 07:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

IMO it is the best deer call EVER made !!! in the latter portion of the season in the pre thru the post rut i will not be in the woods without my can !!! have called in many many bucks , have even called bucks off of a doe with it! if that doesnt sound good , then i dont know what does!
Old 09-06-2004, 12:42 AM

Go to the primos website (http://www.primos.com/hotshots/album...fe06f46ec867d5) and see the pictures of the deer taken using the Can. Including the 11pt I took with it last year.

Quick Reply: Can Call

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.