Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 rubber or other boots >

rubber or other boots

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

rubber or other boots

Old 09-02-2004, 10:16 AM
Fork Horn

Default rubber or other boots

what are you guys wearing and why?

I have never fallen into the pit of wearing rubber boots I just wash off my boots every 2 to three days with scent free bath soap.

Any thoughts?

Bpldplate

PS I just fell into the scentlok suit pit. I'll see if I see that much of a differents. But as my wife says "I got them at a deal". I used her line on her.
Old 09-02-2004, 10:59 AM

Default RE: rubber or other boots

I have a set of Wolverine rubber boots with 800 grams of thinsulate. Good boots for hunting the swamp, but terrible for walking upland. Work well for scent containment and keep my feet warm at temps above freezing.....below that I need a heat pack in each toe. I switched to rubber boots several years ago to keep my feet dry.
Old 09-02-2004, 11:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

I always wear rubber boots and always have because they help with scent imo. Not that my feet stink[:'(] that bad but you know what i mean. However the wife and kids may sat otherwise. I use to wear just plain black rubber boots that you can get at any local hardware store but with the snakes being very plentiful around here especially during bow season i started using the Cabelas snake proof rubber boots several years ago and now i have two pair and thats what i wear while it's still hot and the snakes are out in full force. Once it cools off and the snakes go into hiding i go with a lace up type boot with the thinsulate lining and use scent killer spray on them. Works for me!
Old 09-02-2004, 04:10 PM

I wear both rubber boots and the regular hunting boots from Irish Setter-depends on where I am heading. I spray lots of scent killer on both and haven't really noticed a difference.
Old 09-02-2004, 04:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

i wear pro-line boots. they aren't rubber though. i leave them outside as long as it isnt raining. then i bring them in at night. i think it helps keep the scent out of them.
Old 09-02-2004, 05:28 PM
Super Moderator

I wear both. I prefer rubber uninsulated and insulated when I can.
Old 09-02-2004, 06:11 PM

Lacrosse noninsulated and insulated later in the year 100% all the time while i am hunting.
Old 09-02-2004, 06:22 PM
Typical Buck

I bought a pair of LaCrosse 2000 gram thinsulate boots late season. They keep my feet warm, which is a very hard thing to do in NY, BUT they are very hard to walk in. I can not walk a long distance in them because they are so bulky and loud. When I wear them on a cold day (below 35) I carry them to my stand with my coveralls and put them on before I climb up the tree. This way I reduce the amount of noise and sweat. It's a pain, but my feet are warm and I don't stink the place up. On warmer days I use regular rubber boots.
Old 09-02-2004, 07:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Danner Antelope boots. I stood in a stream last weekend boning out an elk. After 1 hour and 45 minutes my feet were still bone dry(no pun intended). These boots are rugged yet very light and carry a warranty. For a Danner boot, the price is affordable on just about any budget. I require a good boot in the high country, but wouldn't think twice about walking through a dew soaked clover lot or alfalpha field back east.
Old 09-02-2004, 07:54 PM

I use the same lacrosse 2000 gram boots as nybowhunter. Just like he says, they are good all around except for walking.I have to try his way and carry them to my stand.

Quick Reply: rubber or other boots

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.