Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 whisker biscuit or drop away??????? >

whisker biscuit or drop away???????

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

whisker biscuit or drop away???????

Old 09-01-2004, 05:45 PM

Default RE: whisker biscuit or drop away???????

I sure like my drop away. The arrow cant fall off the shelf, very accurate and quiet.
Old 09-01-2004, 07:43 PM

Drop away

Bill
Old 09-01-2004, 08:07 PM

Thanks guys for all of your great remarks. I can't tell ya'll how much you have helped me. Seems like I can't go wrong with anyone of the choices.

DaveC.....I do have a question for you. I have not heard of those vanes bbefore. Will my local "bow pro" know what I'm talking about when I ask about them?
Old 09-01-2004, 08:19 PM

the wisker is the one that just got me a 154 class buck tonite on opening day of bow. new state record in velvet. got state record in velvet two years ago at 143 7\8 with drop away . but am stuck on wisker now ,dont have to worry about arrow falling off rest.
Old 09-01-2004, 08:26 PM

drop away
Old 09-01-2004, 08:41 PM

Muzzy Zero effect
Old 09-01-2004, 08:58 PM

The wisker biscut- I hear a voice inside my head *If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all.*

Drop away- I'm love them.
Old 09-02-2004, 12:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

The vanes in question are the Bohning Blazer vanes. You can go to bass-pro's catalog or website and see them there. You can pull a search here to find out more about them from others who have mentioned them before.

They are short and stiff. Since your passing them through a bizkit this is a great combination IMHO.

bdanger, congrats on the kill!

As far as the noise on the draw goes, place a small piece (1" longx.25" wide) of felt tape or moleskin on the bottom portion of the rest where the arrow glides. Start it on the bottom of one side, feed it through the hole and and stick it down on the other side. If you shoot cock up the arrow will glide over this small portion of noise reducer and make the rest much quiter (silent) on the draw. OR switch to smooth carbons and there is no-issue.
Old 09-02-2004, 07:31 AM

Go with the biscuit!
Old 09-02-2004, 07:37 AM
Typical Buck

I like the drop away because there is no fletching rubbing at all. The whisker biscuit looks to be a great rest and I have recommended it for persons just starting out. I believe the dropaway would work as well, but the whisker holds the arrow still. I would think that this would develop good mechanics at drawing back. Good luck!

Quick Reply: whisker biscuit or drop away???????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.