Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 If we kill'em, how we grilln'em? >

If we kill'em, how we grilln'em?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

If we kill'em, how we grilln'em?

Old 08-28-2004, 09:00 PM

Default If we kill'em, how we grilln'em?

what's some fav. ways to cook'em up. mine is fresh loins off the deer, on the grill, baste with beer(Yuengling!) pepper and garlic salt untill light pink in the middle.(Garnish with Beer). let's hear some new ways to prepare some tastey viddels.
Old 08-28-2004, 10:42 PM

Default RE: If we kill'em, how we grilln'em?

When I bring a deer home, that night I always try to get the inside straps out and clean them up. Take a good skillet and get it very hot, roll the tenderloins in a little melted butter and then dredge in cracked peppercorns and garlic powder. Sear for a just a few minutes in the skillet then slice......

Can't wait for deer season!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Old 08-28-2004, 10:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

I like to country fry my backstraps. I butterfly them , dip them in egg , roll them in bread crumbs , fry in butter on low heat , salt n pepper.
Old 08-29-2004, 07:22 AM

I season the entire back strap, then put it on the grill just like I would a regular steak. Cook it until it is about medium and enjoy!!!

My mouth is watering just thinking about it, can't wait for hunting season!
Old 08-29-2004, 08:44 AM

This is a little more work, but definately worth it.

Take a medium or large sized zucchini and cut it in half, lengthwise. Scoop out the center, leaving the ends on to form a zucchini "boat".

Take the tender loins out right away and clean them up. Cut up eggplant and portabella mushrooms, and saute in garlic and olive oil. Don't completely cook them, just get them started. At the same time, sear the tenderloins in oilve oil with minced garlic. Take them out and pull apart so you have shreds of meat.

Sprinkle a little garlic powder on the zucchini, then lay in the tenderloin shreds, layer with roasted peppers, the eggplant and portabella mushrooms. Top with tomato slices (Jersey Tomatoes are best ). Bake in the oven on 350 for about 25 minutes. Take out and top with chunks of fresh mozzerella (the white stuff, not the yellowish kind).

If you throw a few slices of garlic bread in the oven for the last five minutes of cooking time, and pour your favorite brew in a frosty mug, life will be good,....... very good.
Old 08-29-2004, 05:30 PM

Hollow out a backstrap and marinade in Italian dressing for about 2 hours.Rub meat with fresh garlic,stuff with pork sausage and wrap with bacon. Grill till desired doneness, I prefer medium rare. Super easy and awesome taste.
Another easy one is marinading any venison steak in cola soda,minced garlic, worcestershire sauce and a little lemon juice about 2 hours each side. Add seasoning salt to taste when grilling.
Of course any venison is good as long as it is served hot and trimmed up real good to get rid of the fat.
Old 08-31-2004, 01:26 PM

Fresh heart is good boiled. Slice it up, add a little salt and pepper. Kind of a tradition in my family.
Old 08-31-2004, 02:50 PM

I'm gonna slice up some steaks tonight and dip 'em in flour, then egg, then Panko breading and fry em up. If you haven't tried Panko, it is awesome, but you can only get from an oriental grocery.
Another good one is to slice up the tenderloins, wrap it around a sliced jalapeno, wrap in 1/2 strip of bacon, marinate and grill. Awesome.
Take a roast, inject it with Cajun Injector Creole Butter, brown it and then put it in a crock pot overnight with beef broth, potatoes, carrots, etc. The next day it is painfully good.
Old 09-01-2004, 10:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm gonna slice up some steaks tonight and dip 'em in flour, then egg, then Panko breading and fry em up. If you haven't tried Panko, it is awesome, but you can only get from an oriental grocery.
What exactly is "Panko" breading? I'd like to give it a try.
Old 09-01-2004, 10:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

LOL- ALL OF THE ABOVE!

Quick Reply: If we kill'em, how we grilln'em?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.