Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Would you hunt this 170"-class buck with a bow? >

Would you hunt this 170"-class buck with a bow?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Would you hunt this 170"-class buck with a bow?

Old 08-29-2004, 06:23 PM

Default RE: Would you hunt this 170"-class buck with a bow?

Gotta be a bowkill!!!!
Old 08-29-2004, 06:26 PM

ARE YOU A BOWHUNTER?
Old 08-29-2004, 11:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

ARE YOU A BOWHUNTER?
shishkabob, Every time I see this buck he gets me excited & I want to go bow or rifle hunt him right then. The problem is I do not want to blow this one. I want him on my wall BAD. I might ruin the area for archery season the first evening I hunt it? There are too many other safe places for this buck to feed & sleep without ever coming back to this area. I will bow hunt him went the wind is right. If I don't get him with my bow I will try again with my rifle.
Old 08-30-2004, 06:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

WK, one thing to consider. Will this buck be able to see your pop up blind before he enters the property?
You said this land was flat grassy with no trees. If he sees that pop up you'll likely never see him again.

If it were me, I'd lay on the ground at a good ambush point with my head elevated so you can see all around still then sit up to shoot when the time comes. I practice this shot a lot - I also hunt flat grassy areas with no trees.
Old 08-30-2004, 08:37 AM

Wasnt trying to be a smart@#%,ok, well maybe a little,If i had a buck like that hanging around i would definitely go for it.Hunt smart and dont push him thats what its all about,sometimes you win, sometimes you lose.But, youll never have the honor to say" i stuck him at 15 yards with my bow,did i mention i got that buck with my bow",unless you give it a whirl.
Old 08-30-2004, 09:54 AM

IMO, you have about 2-3 days to kill the deer. His summer pattern is about to come to a screaching hault. Forget the pop up blind. That won't fool him for a second. You should put that blind up a month ago. You only option is pit blind, or do as Hazcon suggested, lay down and when looks away, make your move.

Don't screw around with this buck, you will only have a couple days. 1,000 to 1 odds you will NEVER see him after the first week of the season.
Old 08-30-2004, 10:08 AM

I would be after him as well. I wouldnt wait.
Old 08-30-2004, 10:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Not even a question about it!----THE ULTIMENT CHALLENGE FOR A BOWHUNTER!-- most of us on this forum will never get a chance at a booner. GO FOR IT! "WIN" OR "LOSE"! I wish you the best and i mean the best of luck! "Practice hard and shoot straight"
Old 08-30-2004, 11:03 AM

Definately
Old 08-30-2004, 11:26 AM

I would hunt him ASAP! because he will probably be moving after the first week of archery. (depending when your season starts) Ours starts Oct 2nd and the bucks usually move by October 10th because of the oncoming rut, change of feeding patterns and the hunting pressure in the woods. Good luck.....

Quick Reply: Would you hunt this 170"-class buck with a bow?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.